So tonight I'm going to a concert. I'm seeing one of my favorite bands, Taproot at a club called Peabody's. How exciting! I've never seen Taproot before, and I don't think I've ever been to Peabody's.
Tracy: No, you've been there. We went there with Janette one time.
Me: Really? *thinks* Oh yeah. I vaguely remember that. Why did we go there?
Ok, so I've been to Peabody's once.
But wait, I can kind of picture the club now, and I think I've been there some other time. *goes to photo album where I keep concert tickets* Ah yes, here it is. Peabody's presents 216. Oh yeah, I went there with April and her husband once, or maybe twice. I'm sure I was really drunk both times, so that's why I don't remember.
Ok, so I've been there a couple times.
But gee, you know, now that I really have a clear picture of the club in my mind, I feel I'm forgetting something. I remember a guy straddling an air conditioning duct above my head, and it broke and I was scared he was going to fall. Who was that? I know I wasn't there with Tracy or April. Oh! I think I went to a concert with my BIL once. Didn't I? But who the hell would we have seen? The only band that I know for sure he and I both like is 311. And this club is too small for 311.
*calls sister*
Me: Hey. Didn't Brian and I go to a concert together one time?
Her: Yeah, when I was pregnant and on bed rest.
Me: Oh yeah. Is he home? Ask him if he remembers where that was, and who was playing.
Her: He's in the shower, hang on a second. *muffled* Didn't you go to a concert with Jen once?
Him: Yeah.
Her: Do you remember who you saw and where it was?
Him: Taproot. I think it was at Peabody's.
Me: *shock* OMFG. I can't believe I didn't remember that I had seen Taproot before! Holy shit! Ask him if that was when one of the bandmembers got up on the air conditioning duct.
Her: *asks*
Him: Yeah, I think so.
So in the span of a week, I've gone from thinking I've never seen this band or been to this club, to realizing I have seen the band and been to the club at least 3 times, if not more. *boggle*
I can't believe how bad my memory is. It scares me how much stuff I have done that I have no memory of. Tracy is always saying to me "Remember that time that we..." and I'm all "Umm. No, not really." I don't like not remembering these things. It really upsets me. *sigh*
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
*shakes head*
And they toured with 30STM too.
Yeah, I know that now. See if I remember in oh, say 3 months. *sigh*
Post a Comment