Thursday, March 30, 2006

Diagnosis, finally

I had my colonoscopy today. It wasn't too bad, I guess. They gave me some sleepy medicine, but I would wake up during the procedure every so often. I was trying to look at the monitor to see what was going on, but the damn nurse kept blocking my view. Heh. I could feel some stuff going on, but it wasn't really painful. When I was in the recovery room the doctor came and talked to me. I definitely have diverticulosis, which is somehow different than diverticulitis, but I'm not sure how. I'll have to look it up. Basically I just need to add more fiber to my diet, and I have to start taking Metamucil. I feel so old. Heh. The doctor said it's very rare for someone my age to have this. That's pretty much all he said, so I have nothing else to report. I still don't understand why it seems to flair up right before I get my period. I didn't think to ask about that because I was drowsy, but I'm supposed to have a follow up in a couple weeks so I'll ask then. Anyway, I got home, ate some lunch and took a 4 hour nap. I feel alright now. I've been having some crampy pains and I'm still tired, but doing fine.

2 comments:

Bravie said...

You better start eating your damn fiber missy. I'm gonna fill you full of fiber when you come here in a couple of months. Nothing but fiber.
*smooch* I'm glad that you are okay. And I hope you didn't poop on the doctor. *swalt*

Glowie said...

*smoooooch*

Take your Metamucil, shithead. *snicker*