I had a doctors appointment today, and we scheduled my colonoscopy for next Thursday. They give you 4 choices for what method of laxative/diuretic whatever it is that you want to take.
1. Drink 1 gallon of some salt water like solution (no thanks!)
2. Drink 1/2 gallon of solution and take 1 dose of some nasty ass drink (I think I'll pass on that, too)
3. Take 2 doses of nasty ass drink (um. ok, not too bad)
4. Take pills. Lots and lots of pills.
I opted for the pills, though now I'm thinking I should have gone with option #3. Here is my schedule for the day before the procedure:
All liquid diet for the day before.
4:00pm- Take 4 pills with 8oz. of water
4:15pm- Take 4 pills with 8oz. of water
4:30pm- Take 4 pills with 8oz. of water
4:45pm- Take 4 pills with 8oz. of water
5:00pm- Take 4 pills with 12oz. of ginger ale
8:00pm- Take 4 pills with 8oz. of water
8:15pm- Take 4 pills with 12oz. of ginger ale
9:00pm- Take 4 pills with 8oz. of water
Holy shit! That's a lot of fucking pills! So, from 4 to 5 I'm going to be pretty much non-stop popping pills and peeing. Oh joy. Not to mention the torrent of diarhhea that will be coming. Ugh. This is so gross. I don't want to have this done. I don't want anyone poking around in my ass. It's humiliating. *sigh*
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
*hugs* Poor Jen. And I'm sorry. I did giggle a little bit when I read about them poking around your ass.
Paint a smiley face on your ass cheeks just to make it fun.
*smooch*
yeesh. I'm a pill popper and even I would have gone with the gallon of saltwater.
*hug*
*pokes Carey's ass*
No way would I have done the salt water. That stuff makes me gag.
So, I got the pills last night. They're huge! (and they cost twice as much as I was expecting *sigh*) This should be fun.
*squeezes butt cheeks*
Hey!!! get your finger out of my ass.
This will be me soon. I feel your pain. (ok, that was the wrong phrase to use. Sorry about the image there.)
Thanks for the foretaste. (ok, another bad one. I'll quit while I'm behind.
uh, ooops....)
LOL G.
FYI- the pills weren't that bad. easier than I thought it would be. One tip? get some Vaseline before you start taking them. And soft tp.
Post a Comment