Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Taprooooooooooooot!

Awesome, awesome show. I fucking love them. They are great live. So much energy, a great connection with the crowd, and they really seem to be having fun. They didn't play my favorite songs, of course. No one ever does. But they played a few of my almost favorites, so that's good. I don't remember what order these were all played in, so I went album by album. Not interesting to anyone but me, I know, but I'm doing this so I don't forget I saw them again! LOL.

From Blue Sky Research (2005) (I pretty much love every song on this cd, so I was happy they played so many from it. But not my favorite song. *grumble*)

I Will Not Fall For You (an almost favorite)
Birthday
Facepeeler
Calling (another almost, they played this to close the show)
So Eager (really like this song)
Nightmare
Blue-Sky Research / What's Left

From Welcome (2002)

Mine
Poem
Myself

From Gift (2000)

Smile
Again & Again
Emotional Times
I
Mirrors Reflection (Opener)

The tickets said the show started at 7, but actually that is just when the doors opened. I wish I would've known that, I wouldn't have had to rush so much after work. I also wish I would have known there were 3 opening bands! I only knew of 1, Evans Blue. We went in, got a couple beers then staked out a place to stand where there happened to be a schedule for the night hanging. Taproot wasn't even scheduled to go on until 10:30! I had a feeling it was going to be a long night, but the time actually went pretty fast. The opening bands were ok. Nothing special, really. But not horrible. We had some interesting encounters with some guys (some creepy, some kinda hot). And then Taproot took the stage. And fucking rocked it out. The lead singer is just awesome. He was really paying attention to the crowd and laughing at people while he was singing. People kept jumping up on stage so they could crowd surf and he would shake hands with them. One girl was hugging all over him and he said "Whoa. Are you 18?" Heh. He just had a really good presence and personality. I might have a little crush on him now. :) During one of the songs he came out into the crowd and went back to the bar (where Tracy and I were standing) to get a couple beers. *snort* He walked right by me twice, so of course dork that I am, I felt the need to scream "Whoooooooo!" right up in his face. And I was patting him on the back. He didn't seem to notice. LOL. They finished up a little before midnight. I could've listened to them for another 2 hours, they were so good. I can't wait to see them again!

(Note to self: Next time you go to Peabody's, you want to use the parking lot at the corner of Prospect and E. 21st street)

2 comments:

Bravie said...

Yay!! Glad you had fun. *smooch*

Glowie said...

I'm glad you had fun. heh. We stayed in the bar area too at the 30STM concert.