Monday, May 02, 2005

Oldies, but goodies

So, on Saturday I was in a reflective type mood and I decided that I wanted to listen to some of my older cd's. Some of them I haven't listened to in like 8 years and I used to listen to them everyday. Anyway, today I was listening to Reel Big Fish (a ska band). I had forgotten how much I love them.

[Casey Kasem voice] This one goes out to a special fellow. His name begins with an R and ends with an udyRules. Here ya go, big guy...

Reel Big Fish - You Don't Know

Well first of all, I'd like to say FUCK OFF
If you don't get it why don't you go shove your head back up your ass
And don't waste my time
I don't need your opinion

(Chorus)
'Cause you don't know what it's like
You don't know what it's like
You don't know what it's like to be like me
You don't know, so keep your mouth shut!

Now this may come as kind of a surprise
I don't like you and I don't care what you think about what I do
But most of all, I don't need your opinion

(repeat chorus)

Well finally, that's the way it is
I like something you don't
And you're telling me its shit
Well it's a waste of time
We can't change our opinions

I don't know what it's like
I don't know what it's like
I don't know what it's like to be like you
I don't know, so I keep my mouth shut!


I heard this song, and he was the first person I thought of. :) And here's another RBF gem that was cracking me up on the way home. I'm not gonna type the whole song out, but it's about a break-up. I think you'll get the gist of the song from the chorus:

Everything is cool
How are things with you?
Everything is cool
I wish you were dead!


Ha! You really have to hear the songs to appreciate them. Peppy, happy ska music with lyrics like this and other song titles such as "Somebody Hates Me" "I Want Your Girlfriend To Be My Girlfriend Too" and "Scott's A Dork". That's just off their 2nd cd. I can't wait to see what other gems I have forgotten about on their 1st one! I love it! *grin*

1 comment:

Bravie said...

Heh. I love Ska music. And that is the perfect song for rudy. You are too darn cute for words.
*smooch*