Tuesday, May 03, 2005

This blog sucks

Everyone seems to be linking to everyone else's blog these days. A lot of people are linking them at OT. I took a little blog tour today, reading various blogs (I'm really nosy) and I came to the realization that my blog sucks. It's boring, and I never have anything important to say, which might be ok if I at least said some funny stuff. But I don't. I do like the new name I made up for my blog though. At least I've got that going for me.

So, where do I go from here? Do I start sharing more personal things and really open up? (warning: that would lead to a whole lot of whining and self torture) Do I only post silly or interesting things? (which is originally what I thought this blog would be, but that didn't seem to work out) or should I just give up on this blog thing completely? Or can I learn to live with the fact that my blog sucks?

Am I just in a piss poor mood and tomorrow I will think that my blog is witty and interesting?

5 comments:

Bravie said...

I'm all for you opening up more. But that's up to you. Maybe you think it sucks because you don't have it linked for all of OT to read. Personally I prefer the more personal blogs that aren't out there for the world to read. I use my blog to speak what's on my mind at the time. Whether personal or silly. It''s for me and for my friends and not really there to entertain. Your blog is for whatever you want it to be sweetie. But I would hope that you wouldn't stop posting in it.
*smooch*

Jen said...

No, I definitely wouldn't want it linked to OT. Iggy and I were just talking about that. I like my blog to only be for my friends. But I do feel like I need to entertain. I mean, if people are going to take the time to read it, it should be worth reading, no? I don't think my blog is worth reading.

Glowie said...

See. No. Your blog is for you. We love you that's why we read it. I don't want mine linked to OT. I really don't. No way. (I'm very guarded). It's nice to know that people read it but I don't feel like I do anything to "entertain" you all. And I certainly wouldn't want everybody looking at it. I'm shallow, dood. I'm not deep like the OT blog tour people.

Point is, it's your blog, sweets. Use it for whatever you want.

*sa mooch*

Immunegirl said...

#1- I LOVE the name.

I also really enjoy your blog. I think it is plenty interesting, and not at all boring. I think mine is super boring as well, but I suppose that it is more a matter of perspective-it's your life and you live with this stuff everyday so you are sick of hearing about it, but we aren't. I read your blog (and the others that I read) because I think you're cool and I'm interested in hearing what's up with you. If you make any changes (because I don't think that you have any reason to), then I would open up more, because we're reading because we care :) I would say that you should write whatever you want and not feel obligated to make your readers happy-they aren't forced to be reading, they're here because they want to be. (I was actually thinking about this in relation to my own blog yesterday, but I'll stop now before I totally hijak this)

Bree

gothmog said...

you know, jen, I think you need a guy's perspective here, so I'm going to talk about underwear, because you know, for us, it's all about the underwear.

I think a blog is sort of like showing your underwear in public. You may only be aware of your own underwear, but trust me, we all wear underwear. Well, um, most of us do.

Now you may think, "geez, not this boring underwear again. I've seen this a thousand times, and I hate it when it gets all staticky and stuck to my socks." While we're here thinking, "oooh, we get to see her underwear."

So you see, perhaps boring to you, but quite a turn on to us.

So, I'm not really sure what my point was here, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I think you should show your underwear to whomever you damn well please and don't apologize for it.

*fans self* Um, what was the question again.