was fun! It went much better than I expected, namely in that I was hardly annoyed by anyone at all! That's really saying something considering some of the people who were there.
We (mom and I) got to the hotel at about 3:15pm. The room was smaller than we thought it would be. It had a living area with a dining room table, couch and chair and a cramped little kitchen. Then there was the bathroom and 2 bedrooms, each with a queen bed. My mom left at about 3:45 to go and pick up my sister and I started to set things up. Heather (the matron of honor) showed up at about 4. She got lost and I was on the phone with her for about 10 minutes trying to tell her where to go. She had gone to the wrong hotel. LOL. Then the masseuse showed up at about 4:30. Ack! I thought she wasn't coming until like 5:30! No one is even here yet! So, she set up her table and stuff and then said "Who's first?" Well, ummm, since I wasn't even sure if I wanted to get one- Heather went first. My mom and Amy finally showed up at about 5. We started drinking. My sister took 3 sips of the drink I made her and she was feeling tipsy. *rolls eyes* I called her a fucking lightweight. LOL. Heather came out of her massage and looked stoned, she was so relaxed and said it was better than sex. My mom went next and we ordered pizza. Heather and I went to pick it up while Amy started her massage. Jess showed up right before we left. Jess is really annoying, but she only got on my nerves like twice. I guess you need to drink to be able to stand her. Once we were done eating, Jess got her massage and then it was my turn. Everyone else had been raving about it, so I decided to spend the $20 I had to get a 20 minute massage. It was ok. I honestly didn't feel any different or more relaxed after it was over. I don't really like to be touched, especially by strangers. I guess it felt ok, but I'll probably never get one again. Tara (the other bridesmaid) showed up at some point during the evening, but I don't remember when.
The rest of the evening was spent drinking, doing make-up, playing games, more drinking, and talking. I won $30 playing a dice game. Yahoo! I felt guilty though and tried to split the money up with everyone since I hadn't been able to chip in, but no one would take it. We had bought a game called "Pin the bow tie on the bachelor" and that was pretty funny. We did it early in the evening and then again later after we were drunk. I don't remember who won.
Everyone started making moves to go to bed at about 2:30, but I wasn't tired and neither was my mom or Jess. So we stayed up while everyone else went to bed. We stayed up until 6:30. Tara woke up then, so I went and crashed in the bed for a few hours. I don't remember what we did for 4 hours while everyone else was asleep. I know we played a card game, but we didn't finish it. We smoked. I think I only had 3. Jess better not tell my sister- she would kick my ass.
I slept until about 10. Then I woke up and lazed around for a bit before starting to pack up and check out. Jess, Tara, and Heather had already left. Nice of them to leave us with the clean up, huh?
I think that's pretty much it. No strippers, no crazy hijinx, but it was a fun time. I wish it had lasted longer.
Monday, May 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yay!! Now remember this night when the wedding is coming up. It will be better than you think it will be.
I'm with you on the massages. I don't like them either and would not have paid for one. Unless she was hot, then maybe I would have. *grin*
*smooch*
I'm glad you had fun, sweetie.
Yay!! I'm glad you had fun!! It sounds fabulous, I hope all of the parties that I have to go to are as fun. :)
Hmmm. I would say the masseuse was attractive. I wouldn't call her hot, but you might.
I didn't know if I would like it or not, so I just decided to try it. Everyone else said I would love it. My sister was disappointed. She said she was hoping I would become addicted to massages. Why? Why would she want me to become addicted to something that would cost me money like that? Did she think it would replace my alcohol addiction or something? LOL.
Bree- I hope your parties are fun too! When are they?
I'm so glad you had fun, sweets. *sa mooch*
I want a massage.
One party has already happened, one is on June 4th (that's the one I'm worried about) and one is still being planned. I hope they'll be fun, but I'm really not sure. Then again, today I'm excited, so I can be optimistic. :)
Post a Comment