Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My car! My poor car!

I needed to get gas yesterday, so I bought a car wash as well. My car was filthy (on the outside, the inside is always practically spotless, tyvm). I had heard it was supposed to rain, so I checked out weather.com-- a 30% chance of rain it said. Hmm. That's not a real good chance. I looked at the radar-- just 1 tiny patch of green hovering over Cleveland. I looked at the sky--sunny and not a cloud in sight. I decided to go for it. Filled up and washed my car before I went to my eye appointment. *sigh* The road where the Lasik Plus office is was all torn up. Construction everywhere, and with construction comes dust and dirt. All over my car. I go to my eye appointment (eyes are great 1 year after my surgery. I now see 20/15 and before I was 20/600!! It's amazing!! ) The office has no windows. I had no idea what was going on outside. I leave the office, and it's POURING!!! Grrrr. I race out to my car and as soon as I'm safely inside (and absolutely drenched) it stops raining. *rolls eyes* So, I get on the highway and all the spray from other cars is flying at me. And of course if it was still raining, at least that would wash some of it away, but no such luck. I arrive home, after getting stuck in a traffic jam of course, and assess the damage. My car is filthy once again. Pfft. What a waste of $4. But wait! There's more! I go to leave for work this morning and what awaits me? 2 insanely huge piles of bird shit on my car. I shouldn't have parked under that tree. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

And? to add insult to injury, my sister called me last night and spent 10 minutes gushing over how great the bridal shower that her playgroup friends threw for her was. The food, the decoration, the gifts... great, great, GREAT! The theme was a cute little tea party (which btw was totally going to be our theme before we found out that they were doing that. Assholes.) and everything was just perfect and it was so much fun. Gee, why don't you just come right out and tell me that my shower was a big fat heaping pile of donkey shit? What-ever. Humph.

6 comments:

Bravie said...

Are there donkeys in Ohio? Well, I mean, I know of at least one, but aside from that one?
and hello? who parks under a fucking tree after washing their car. *rolls eyes* Who's the blonde?

gothmog said...

That donkey in Ohio? isn't me, is it?

*waits nervously*

Jen said...

I told you Carebear- I was blonde as a child. I must still have some risidual dumbness from it.

Yeah Goth, it's you. Carey will probably try and say it's me, but she doesn't know what she's talking about. She is blonde, after all.

Bravie said...

I would never call a Gothmom a donkey. Never ever, nope, I wouldn't.
That reminds me, I have a t-shirt and at the top it says "wise" and then underneath it is a picture of a donkey.
What's a wise donkey? I've never heard of such a thing?

Jen said...

You can be a real wise ass sometimes, you know?

I think Goth is a wise donkey. :)

gothmog said...

well, I am a democrat, so I guess that fits.


(buncha wiseasses)