I got my hair cut last night. Am I the only adult woman that goes to Great Clips? LOL. I always laugh at myself because every time I go there, it is full of kids and men getting their hair cut. I don't think I've ever seen another woman getting her hair cut there. But I'm ok with that. I like their prices. (Only $6 last night because of their sale! Whoo!) I can't imagine paying $40 for a simple hair cut. A couple inches off the length and some layers. That is my style, nothing fancy. I am not real picky about my hair. I don't style it, other than blow drying it straight every morning, and I don't use any products. I think I have used hairspray maybe twice in my life. Same for a curling iron- I don't even own one. Anyway, she cut it a little shorter than I wanted, but I'm fine with it. It grows. In a couple weeks or so it will be perfect. My mom thinks it looks cute this short, but I'm not sure. *shrug*
One of my back molars has been hurting, so I called up for a dentist appointment today. I got it all set up for Tuesday, and then the girl called me back and said that I was not on their insurance list. Pfffft! I've been there before with no problem! I have the insurance that they accept there, but I'm not on their list, so she had to cancel my appointment. I have to call my insurance and get my primary dentist changed, and then hopefully I will be put on their list, but that probably won't be until mid-May. *pout* My toof hurts! Wahhhhh!
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
I used to get my hair trimmed at Great Clips but would never get a hair cut from them. They have managed to butcher DH's hair the past 3 times he has gone.
You have such lovely hair Jen.
Sorry to hear about your ouchy toof. *smooch*
I get mine done at Cost Cutters or Supercuts! Like once every five years I spring for a fancy place, otherwise it's the cheap places. Mainly because I can't make an appointment and stick to it to save my life.
Our friend Diane does our hair. We go to her hair cutting place. she is a friend of ours. It's called A Cut Above. I pretty much hate my hair so it doesn't matter who I go to.
I just had to go to the dentist. I had to get a damn mouth guard because I grind my teeth. I don't think my insurance is going to cover it though. waaaaah.
I get mine done at a guy's house where my mom goes. I *think* he's a professional. I don't even know how much he charges because I usually wait for my mom to buy me a gift certificate. *grin*
Sorry about the tooth... that reminds me, I need to call the dentist, too. :(
I have a live in hairstylist. Nookie is very gellus of me! *grin*
I do pay her, depending on her services, even though she's my kid.
I just came by with a tube of Ambesol. Want some?
I find Great Clips and Cost Cutters are fine for a straighforward cut. They are usually pretty good at trimming almost any cut. I went there all the time when my kids were younger.
Now that I'm older I have the time (and the need, lol) to pay more attention to my hair so I go to Aveda place called Wango Tango that I just love. But getting my hair cut and foiled is like $100 bucks. Way too much. I figure it all averages out. For about 15 years I never cut my hair at all. Then when babies started throwing up in it I had a straight-forward blunt cut. So it all averages out and I can spend $100 every few months, no?
Thanks, Kim! You're a doll. *squirts Anbesol on tooth*
And I'm so glad you get your hair done at Supercuts! I don't feel so alone anymore. :)
The name Wango Tango makes me giggle.
jen has hairy teeth!
jen has hairy teeth!
jen has hairy teeth!
jen has hairy teeth!
jen has hairy teeth!
jen has hairy teeth!
jen has hairy teeth!
jen has hairy teeth!
... says the girl with hairy toes. :P
Yeah but at least no one sees mine when I smile *big grin*
have it pulled.
Kinky. But I don't think having my hair pulled is going to make it any longer. Silly Glow.
*grin*
I knew you'd get my double meaning. *grin*
I have to go to see Nunzio to get my hair cut again. I cannot go back to Cost Cutters after finding her. What is her name again? Kathy? Karen? Becky? Brenda? shit. I don't think they'll know who I mean if I ask for Nunzio.
I go to Great Clips once in a while. Most of the time I have my MIL cut and highlight it. She's a "retired" hairdresser, who has set up a shop in a small building out back. It costs me nothing, I get exactly what I want AND I get free product most of the time! Yay!
Sorry to hear about your tooth. I so need to go to the dentist too. But I have no dental insurance. Wah!
I have plenty of chilled plastic teething toys for you to suck on.
And here is some advice. Everything sounds uptown when you say it in french. Great Clips = Grandes Agrafes.
LOL, Monsty. Grandes Agrafes. I like it. :)
I'm jealous that so many of you have people you know who cut your hair for you. I need to find me someone like that! :D
*comes in and cuts Jen's hair*
*for free*
Post a Comment