I'm going to The Cheesecake Factory for the first time on Sunday. I'm very excited. I hear you all talking about it and I've always wanted to go, but there was not one in my area until recently. So, what's good there? What do you usually order? I've always wanted to try chocolate cheesecake, what's the best kind? (I don't really like dark chocolate or white chocolate.)
Yay! I think I'll fast until then so I can really pig out. *grin*
We also might be going to a movie. Has anyone seen Failure to Launch? Opinions? Or any other movies out in theaters that you would recommend?
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
I've never been either. *hangs head*
No movie recommendations. Sorry.
Come on over. You can go with us and I won't be stuck alone with my mom and her bf. :)
Okay. I'll be right over.
And I think i wanted to see that movie that you were talking about.
If you like coconut, try the new cheesecake (ask them for the new coconut one, cuz I don't know the name) it has chocolate too.
Also, they have a good pasta...I think it's four cheese penne pasta or something like that.
Perfect, Carey. See you Sunday! :D
MM-I'm not a big fan of coconut (not to be confused with Coconut, who I am a fan of). Four cheese pasta sounds good though. *smooch*
They have a great chicken dish. Actually, they have two. The Chicken Marsala is really good, but the other one is even better. I forget what it's called.
CHICKEN MADEIRA
Our Most Popular Chicken Dish!
Sauteed Chicken Breast Topped with Fresh Asparagus and Melted
Mozzarella Cheese, Covered with Fresh Mushroom Madeira Sauce.
Served with Mashed Potatoes
This is it, I just went to check. And their salads are really big and good. And the bread.
And the cheesecake. Mmmmmm, devine. I always get the Tuxedo Cheesecake. I don't see it listed on their menu. DH gets the Snickers, which is also good.
*pouts* We don't have a Cheesecake factory near us.
...but I do have a Baby Watson cheesecake in the fridge! (No, I'm not going to show pictures, LOL!)
Mmmm... cheesecake is a good breakfast, right? *grin*
*runs like crazy into Stah's blog*
Cheesecake???? Did someone mention cheesecake???
I'm pretty sure people might be surprised about this, but I am a bit of cheesecake purist. I usually will order the kind that is most cheesecakiest, and has the least amount of add ins. My favorite is plain cheesecake with a nice topping -- strawberries, raspberries, cherries, etc. I am also partial to the Oreo Cheesecake.
Carey has a recipe for plain cheesecake with a sour cream topping that is to die for. Love it!
If you want to try a chocolate one, I'd say go with the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake. But whatever you do, make sure you and your dining companions all order different ones so you can get a taste of as many as you can.
:-)
Have fun!
PS Haven't been to the movies since last summer so I have no recommendation. However I will be expecting a cheesecake review.
*grin*
The chocolate mousse sounds really good. I think that will be my choice. Mmmm.
I don't think one can have something they "usually order" at Cheesecake Factory. There are so many good things, you really have to go there over and over again to try everything that sounds really good.
AUgie is right. You have to go with lots of people and make sure everyone orders something different and shares.
That chicken dish that Boo posted is really good. The only other thing I've had there is some salmon special. It was really good too. As far as the cheesecake goes, I've only had a taste of the regular New York style and some other thing that I don't remember. I love cheesecake too but both times I was too full from the meal.
A friend of mine saw Failure to Launch. She said it was okay. No real high praise from her.
*makes yucky face* cheesecake! *gag*
Chocolate mousse is delicious but I think chocolate cheesecake is weird. I like plain cheesecake with lots of cinnamon in the crust, or any raspberry/ strawberry topped cheesecake.
We have a Cheesecake Factory somewhere around here, but I have never been. For some reason the word "Factory" in the name of a restaurant really turns me off.
You said you were going to call me this weekend. *stares at phone*
So, what did you get?
I had the four cheese pasta (thanks, mm!) and chocolate mousse cheesecake (thanks, augie!). Both were delicious! I'm having the leftovers for lunch today. Is it noon yet? *drool*
My mom's meal might have been even better than mine, though. She had the honey maple pork tenderloin. OMG was it good! And she got the banana cream cheesecake. It was like heaven. If I go there again, I will be getting those dishes. Mmm mmm mmm!
Oh, and I also had 2 Tropical Martinis (Chopin Vodka Shaken with Passion Fruit, Mango and Pineapple). Those were quite tasty, too. :D
Post a Comment