Monday, April 10, 2006

My fridge *snort*

I told you I haven't been to the grocery in a looooong time. *grin*
(I took this on my camera phone, so the quality probably isn't the best.)



I can name everything in there. It won't take long.
Top shelf:
- Brita water thing
- jug of maple syrup (it was for some weird diet I did, I should throw it out)
- Mango margarita mix (it is blucky, I should throw that out, too)
- sweet & sour mix (really old, I should throw it out. Sensing a pattern?)
- Black cherry vodka (I should drink it, but I don't have any mixers. Heh.)

Middle shelf:
- Various jars of old stuff, mostly spaghetti sauce, most needs to be thrown out. It's really hard to cook for one person. I waste a lot. *slaps self on hand* Bad me.
- Eggs. I think they're expired.

Bottom shelf:
- Nothing.

In drawers (not pictured):
- 1 orange
- Bag of baby carrots
- Baking potatoes (old, they probably have eyes)
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese

Here's the door of the fridge, not much going on here either. All of those salad dressings are probably expired. *sigh*



Who wants to come over for dinner? We can have cheese quesadillas and vodka! Yum! LMAO

17 comments:

arkie said...

Our fridges have a lot in common. Except I don't store potatoes in mine.

Jen said...

I don't store them in mine either, actually. My mom went to the grocery for me when I was in the hospital, and she put them in there. I've just never taken them out. LOL.

~Nutz said...

OMG! I feel all special and stuff! I have found you!

*does happy dance*

Wow! Your fridge is really clean!

*drinks a shot of vodka*

*vodkasmooch*

mtw said...

Can I come over for dinner? Don't bother with the quesadilla!

Swami said...

*Dances with Nutz*

Yeah, cooking for one is whole different ball game. I guess. I went straight from the dorm to my first marriage so I have always cooked for at least two and mostly three or more.

When salad dressings get near their final days almost all of them make a nice marinade for chicken. Then you can use them up. I buy sesame tamari dressing just for a quick chicken marinade.

Now, where's your underwear drawer?

Bravie said...

I have that same bottle of vodka. Cheers.

Jen said...

Hi everyone! Glad to have you!

*vodkasmooch* to Nutzzzzz

Sure, MTW. Come on over. I think Nutz may have drank all the vodka though.

Cooking for one is tough, especially if you're like me and you hate leftovers.
I would take a pic of my sock drawer, but not my undies!

DRINKS ON CAREY!!!! CHEERS!

Bravie said...

Ooops, I forgot to take a pic of my underwear drawer. *giggle*

Glowie said...

It was emptier than that when I was there.

Breezy said...

I have that bottle of vodka too. I find you don't need a mix for it.

Cooking for one does suck, but I don't mind leftovers. So it works for me.

Seana said...

DH has been on various shifts more or less since we've been married, so I learned to cook for one and then one more. Or which meals can be refrigerated and re-heated. My fridge is full of milk and eggs and juice and stuff.

I'm so impressed by how clean yours looks. If mine were as empty as yours, you would be able to see all the spilled juice and sticky fingerprints. Kids.

Jen said...

Really, Breezy? I don't know if I could drink vodka straight. But I will try. *grin*

It's not as clean as it looks, Seana. There are crumbs and junk all over. It just doesn't show. :)

Bravie said...

Don't let Breezy fool you. She eats worms. And she chases them down with straight vodka.

It looks like that is the vodka choice of bloggers. LOL

yvonne said...

I hate when the jar of spaghetti sauce gets all crusty around the lid. Yick.

I have a bag of baby carrots in the drawer and I'm scared to open it. My best guess is they're at least 6 months old. Double yick.

Zombs said...

I am closing my eyes cause I don't want to see the salad dressing.

I'm polite that way.

mm said...

LOL @ ZOmbs. I didn't get that at first!

*buys Jen some groceries*

Jen said...

Ha! I didn't get it either, until just now. I thought she was just being weird, 'cause she's zombs. That's what she does. *grin* *zombiesmooch*

Yay! Free groceries! *smooch*