Monday, April 10, 2006

Random Musings

I went out to grab some lunch from Wendy's today. While I was sitting in line at the drive-thru, a lady 2 cars in front of me started emptying her ashtray out her car window. Umm, couldn't she have waited to do that in a garbage can instead of littering all over the Wendy's parking lot? Then, she proceeds to open her car door and spit onto the pavement. Several times. I don't want to be seeing this, but I can't take my eyes away. She closes her door, and then spits once more out the window for good measure. Classy broad, eh?

I painted my fingernails yesterday. I don't know why. I hate having my fingernails painted (toenails are a different story, I love to throw all kinds of funky colors on my toenails). The polish always seems to make my already short fingers appear even stubbier. Plus, my nails are getting to the point where they make typing more difficult, usually I just cut them all off when it gets like that. But yesterday I decided to paint them instead of cutting them. So now I have short, stubby fingers and I can't type. *shrug* I don't know why I do the things I do sometimes.

My mom's birthday is this Friday, and my sister's is next Thursday. I hate having their birthdays so close together. Takes a toll on the ole cash flow. I kind of know what I'm getting them both. The only idea my mom gave me is a wallet. A bifold wallet with a change purse in the center with a clasp, not a zipper. Ok, thanks for being specific, I just hope I can find one like that. My sister gave me a few ideas for herself:
1. A house. Yeah. Don't think I'll be able to swing that one.
2. Stuff for a house. Like what? she doesn't know. Ok, gift card it is.
3. Anti-wrinkle creams. She says her wrinkles are out of control. I say she's just spazzing about turning 30. *rolls eyes*
4. Candles. I can do that.

So, I'll either be getting her a gift card from Target or some candles. Or both. We are also going to throw a little party for her, probably at Dave & Buster's. Yay! I love that place. I don't love her friends though. They are all so annoying. Good thing they have a bar at D&B. *grin* (Ack! I just looked at their drink menu. They all sound soooo good! How am I going to choose?!)
I think I'll buy dinner for my mom too (we're probably going out to eat for Easter) because I feel guilty spending more money on my sister than my mom. I know it shouldn't be about money, but that's the way I think unfortunately. Oh, and I'm also burning her a copy of 2 of my Coldplay cd's. She got a new car with a 6 disc changer, but she doesn't even have 6 cd's! She doesn't know who she would like, but she likes Coldplay's first cd that I gave her long ago, so I figure she will like these also. Should I burn her some KoRn, too? I'm sure she would like them. LMAO.

It's very nice outside today. Sun is shining, and I opened my sunroof for the first time this year. It is supposed to be like 70 degrees tomorrow. I don't want summer to come though. I hate the hot and humid weather. I wish it would always be fall.

My nephew called me yesterday and left a message on my machine. "Hi Aunt Jen. Call us back. Love you. Bye." It was cute because there were these long pauses in between sentences and I knew my sister was telling him what to say. :) He's so fricking adorable. It's hard to talk to him on the phone though. He will just ramble on and I usually have no idea what he is saying. I just love hearing his cute little voice though. Love.that.kid.

I burned my tongue on a grilled cheese sammich yesterday. It is annoying me. (My tongue, not the sammich.)

We have Friday off of work. Yipee!

2 comments:

mm said...

*Yuck* for nasty lady in the drive thru. What did you order? I like their grilled chicken sandwich.

I got my fingernails painted on Saturday night at a party I was at. By a 9 year old. It looks tacky, with little dot "flowers"
on each thumb and ring fingers. It's chipping off now and looks horrible. I'm like you though, love playing with color on the toes. Purples and blues are probably my favorites.

Sounds like you have plenty of ideas for the b-day gifts. That does suck with them being so close together though.

It's still raining here. :( I can't wait for some sunshine, but I do hate the really hot weather. Being sweaty sucks!

I have a 4 year old nephew and never tire of listening to him talk. *smooches* to Jen's nephew.

For someone with a burned tongue, you sound just fine. ;-)

Jen said...

I had a burger and fries. I like their chicken, too.

I have a purply-blue color that I use on my toes a lot. And a really dark silver/grey. And a minty green. I have to paint my toes soon. Sandal season is upon us. It's funny because I was looking for a nice, neutral color to use on my fingernails, but all I had were wacky colors. Heh. I found a nice brown though. :)