I hate summer. I hate being hot. I hate sweating. I hate not sleeping because it's too hot and sticky. I need to move somewhere else. Or I need a better air conditioner that doesn't cost a fortune. Bah!
I had a nice Memorial Day weekend. Went up to my uncle's lake house, formerly known as the family lake house. Most of the family is dead now, and my uncle lives up there full time, so it's now his home, but it's also still a family place. I love it up there. My icon is a pic taken there last year. Isn't it purty? :) We didn't do much of anything, just sat around on the deck watching the boats and jet skis. We took a pontoon boat ride around the lake on Sunday night. Had some drinks, smoked some weed, good times. I'm planning to go back up for the 4th of July, which is the weekend after my San Fran trip. Lots of travelling for me this summer! Hopefully the 4th will be as nice as last year. I think a lot of people are planning on coming again for another family reunion type weekend. And that will be a 4 day weekend for me! Woohoo! I can't wait.
I still have stuff I need to get for my SF trip. It's coming up fast! Only 24 more days! Eeeek! *hop*
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
24 days? yikes. I have a ton of stuff to do.
I'm glad you had a good weekend. It sounds like fun.
Hot and sticky does suck, yes.
*smooch*
Love you.
I know, I hate humidity because it makes me all sweaty. Yuck.
It's never too hot here. Just sayin. *smooch*
Hot & sticky *BLECH* That's my life from May to October. *fans self* I HATE the summers here!
Glad you had a nice weekend Jen. The lake house looks lovely.
Gellus!
Of the lake house & the SF trips.
I hate being hot, too. Being cold sucks just as much, for me. Where is that in-the-middle weather I want? Where do we have to move? Maybe we can get an apartment there, together?
I don't mind being cold because there are easy things you can do to get warm-- blankets, coat, gloves, etc. But when you're hot? No real way to cool off easily. Yucky!
I guess we need to move to SF. Are you moving in with me by yourself, or are you bringing DH and the kids? *grin*
Just me and you, baby!
Woohoo!
*starts packing*
During the summer it's like living on the surface of hell here sometimes. I vote we all move to SF and get a brownstone like Melrose Place. MM could bring hubby and the kids but you two could still live together and Carey and Michelle could be the bitchy landlords and we could have all kinds of salacious fun going on all over the place but all appear perfectly normal to everyone outside the four walls of Melrose. *grins*
That is a fabulous idea, Steve! I'm in!
The weather was yicky here too until today. Hooray for the rain last night. I had the air conditioner on all weekend. A week before, I had to turn on the heat because it got so cold overnight.
Yay, trip to SF!
Steve has a great idea! San Diego also has great weather, year-round. The lake house sounds like a beautiful retreat. Love your picture of it.
Post a Comment