I don't know if any of you remember last January when I was in the hospital for a week because of an infection I had in my intestines, but I had another flare-up on Wednesday night. It started out as a stomach ache, then it moved to stabbing pains in my abdomen, and at about 2am I woke up with chills that were causing me to shake uncontrollably. I was so scared. I've never felt anything like that before. My teeth were chattering so much that my jaw still hurts today. I called my mom and woke her up to come over because I didn't know what to do. All I knew was that I didn't want to go back to the hospital. By the time she got here, the shaking had pretty much stopped. It lasted about 30 minutes, but it felt like 10 hours. Every minute was agony. My abdominal pains were pretty much constant, but then I'd get a severe stabbing pain every once in a while. I didn't sleep at all that night. I was in too much pain. Thursday, I could barely move. I had body aches all over (especially in my neck, which I already have problems with) and a headache, fever, no sleep. I was just exhausted. But I knew I needed to get to a doctor because this wasn't going to get better on it's own. So, we went to an Urgicare and waited for about 90 minutes before we saw the doctor. That also felt like an eternity. I was extremely worried that he would tell me I needed to go to the hospital, but thank goodness he just prescribed me 2 antibiotics and a painkiller (yay Vicodin!) and sent me on my way. Actually, the Vicodin hasn't done much to help me so far. It helped a little with my body aches, but then I get another fever/chill attack and they all come back. My abdominal pain is a little better, as long as I don't walk, stand or move. Heh. So, I'll be spending the majority of the next couple days on the couch. I'm on a liquid diet for the rest of the day. My mom went way overboard at the store. There's enough juice, popsicles, Italian ice and Jell-o here to last me all next week. LOL.
Anyone want a popsicle? :)
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Oh no! Something about this makes me think you may have a chronic type of something. Did they do blood or urine tests or anything?
*grabs some jello*
Ack! How scary! Take care of yourself! I'm glad you didn't have to go to the hospital.
I watched SYTYCD for you. I set up a series recording for it, too. Mr. Fro gave me a dirty look for wanting to watch it since I essentially hijacked the TV for it, but he can suck it.
Jen, get better quickly. That sounds frightening and painful!
I forgot about SYTYCD, but I was planning to watch it at your suggestion. Maybe next week.
Oh No!!!!!! *hugs*
Take care of yourself, Jen. I don't want to see you back in pain again. :(
Damn girl, knock it off! I hope you start feeling better, being in pain (and not really knowing why) sucks ass!
*makes Jen some chicken soup, wraps her in a comfy blankie, and pops in a QAF DVD*
I love you, hon!
OMG, I'm so sorry! Are they sure it's not a gallbladder thing? Sounds just awful. Please PLEASE take care of you, ok?
I'm sorry this happened! Eeek! I was hoping you were done with that.
*takes a popsicle*
OMG Jen! That sounds painful. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!
*hugs*
Thanks, guys. I am feeling better now. My pains are pretty much gone. I'm just tired from some of the medicines.
Nutz- The Urgicare wasn't equipped to do any blood work. And since I knew what the problem was, it wasn't really neccessary for any other tests.
MM- I had a colonoscopy done last year, and they are sure it is the intestine thing-- called diverticulosis. I can keep it at bay by eating lots of fiber, which I admit I haven't done the best job with. I need to do better so that I don't have to go through this again.
Thanks again for all the well wishes. *smooches*
Take your fiber pills damnit. *glare*
*smooch*
Ouch! I hope you find the cause and solution to this. *hands Jen a coupon for a basketful of veggies*
*smoooooooooooch*
I've missed you terribly. I'm sorry I wasn't here to take care of you. :(
Ack! I didn't see this.
Are you better?
OH my poor baby! I hope you feel better. I know how that feels!
Remember though...be careful with the pain killers...they could end up making it worse and slow down your digestive system.
*smoochies*
*hugs*
Are you feeling any better yet?
I was feeling better. Then yesterday I got my "friend" and now I'm all crampy and icky again. :(
With *friends* like that, who needs friends? *grin*
Sorry you're feeling icky again.
Ack! I'm so sorry Jen! Gut pains are the worst.
What do you eat for fiber? Are you supposed to take a fiber supplement?
*scrounges around for a blue popsicle*
How are you feeling now honey? (lmao...my typo would've called you "homey"")
I miss you!
Post a Comment