Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Guess I should update, huh?

I've been on sort of a mini-break for a couple weeks now. Just feeling very disconnected from everyone and everything and haven't felt like participating on blogs much. I'm still reading every once in a while, but I don't always comment. I've been spending a lot of time on the SYTYCD forum, and I've also been lurking at another board because they have a lot more info than RTVW. I feel like I'm missing a lot, but it's also been nice to have a little break.

Anyway, it looks like I will have a new nephew in just 5 days! My sister is scheduled to have a c-section on Tuesday morning. The baby is breech right now and it's unlikely that he will flip around since he's so big, so they are going to go ahead and do the c. Amy is very upset about it, but I'm sure she'll be fine. I'll be going over to their house on Monday night and sleeping over so that I can watch Tate when they go to the hospital, and then I'll take him to visit his new baby brother later on in the day. :) Hmm. I guess I need to pack a bag. I might be staying over until Wednesday, too.
I can't wait to meet the lil' guy. This will be the last baby this family sees, most likely. My sister doesn't want to have another because she has such troubles with pregnancy, and it's highly unlikely that I will ever have one. So we need to cherish this time. *sigh*

I have other stuff I could write about, but it's all boring so I won't bother.

TTFN!

18 comments:

Asrai said...

Yay, another baby VERY soon! I've had 3 C sections, so I understand the trepidations your sister has.

I also know that when a break is needed it MUST be taken. I still miss you, even if we get to play on SYTYCD. Take care but remember that I wuv you!

MM said...

You know, I think your sister will be surprised at how "not horrible" a c-section is. Of course, I never did it naturally, but from what I've heard, most moms who do it through a c-section once, usually want to use that method again. The recovery will be harder, but it sounds like she has good help.

I always just thought, "when I hear moms having babies, I heard a lot of screaming and pain, but with my c-section, I never once yelled out in pain". Anyhow, that's just my perspective. I do realize how frightening it all sounds.

But yay! Soon you'll have a new nephew to dote on!

Thanks for the update, Jen. I always miss you when you don't.

Bravie said...

It's about time you updated. *kick*
Yay for having another little one in the family. I know how much you love Tate. *hugs*

kim (weltek) said...

Glad you are around and not feeling too sick.

Have fun with the new baby!

frodis said...

You should post boring stuff. I do.

I understand how your sister feels. A C-section doesn't exactly fit the mind's-eye picture of how childbirth will be. Also, you're no longer in control. The recovery is harder, and there are some weird rules. For example, I'l technically not supposed to go up and down the stairs more than once a day for six months. (Yeah, right. I lasted 2 days on that one.)

Still, the ultimate goal is a healthy mom and baby, so I'm sure she'll be okay once he's here.

I'm watching SYTYCD because you said to. Only, I don't make it to the boards because I'm always watching it a day behind. Still, I like it!

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Did they decide on a name yet?

And don't worry about being boring. Have you read my blog lately?

Zombs said...

*smooch*

Your sister will be fine and it is great that you are watching Tate for them. What a relief it is to know that someone like you is taking care of their child.

Life has a funny way of working out so keep your chin up and be prepared for unexpected fun times.

Glowie said...

yay for Aiden! Hours away now, eh?

So you're not answering your phone? ack. *grin*

I love you and like zbaby said, chin up.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I can't really count but shouldn't there be some baby news anyday now? Hope you're having a great weekend.

Glowie said...

today! It's today, right?

Jen said...

Nope. Tomorrow. :)

I hope I will be able to post pics. My sis has a digital camera, so I'm hoping she'll let me take it back to her house and download them. I'm sure she'll want me to send some pics to her friends and family.

Oh, and his name will be Aidan Tyler. Originally she was going to spell it Aiden, but I kept telling her that looked weird. Then I guess they were looking at the personalized stuff that you can buy and everything was spelled Aidan, so she changed her mind. :)

Glowie said...

awesome. Aidan is much better.
Tomorrow! yay!
*gets out cigars*

Puffy said...

*pacing the floor and boiling water*

MM said...

Ack! Hurry up! I need to see some baby pics! :D

Glowie said...

is he here yet?
*paces*

Bravie said...

Well?

Glowie said...

hey lady, I'm wearing a hole in my floor with all the pacing.

Glowie said...

*passes out from smoking too many cigars*