Tuesday, May 01, 2007

*snifflepout*

Ok, that peep meet was waaaaaaay too short. :( I miss Booboo already. 2 hours is just not enough time to have a proper meet. But, hey, it was better than not meeting her at all and we had an excellent time, however brief. Or at least I did. We'll have to wait and see what Boo thought. :)

I suppose you want details, eh?

Well, I left work at 3:30 and stopped to get cash and gas and then I headed out to the airport. I had been tracking her flight all day so I knew she was due to land at about 3:55. I figured she'd need 10 minutes or so to get through the airport and outside, but I was still worried about being late. So, of course I rushed to get there and I ended up being early. Heh. I had to circle around the airport a couple times because I got yelled at for stopping too long at the curb. *rolls eyes at security dude* Finally on my 3rd attempt, there she was! Yay! She hopped in the car and we immediately started chatting like old friends. There was no awkwardness or silences, I felt comfortable with her right away.

We drove to the Olive Garden where we had a very nice dinner. Salad and breadsticks, of course. Boo ordered an Alfredo dipping sauce for the breadsticks which was uber delicious. For dinner she got the lasagna and I had 5-cheese ziti. Yummers. Oh, I also had a glass of sangria and she got a big ole tumbler of boorbun. (heh. just kidding.)

Dinner flew by, we talked about work and blogs and you. Yes, *points* YOU. And then before we knew it, it was time to head back to the airport. *pout* But first we went out to my car and blew up Sanjana so we could sign hir and take some pics. (Pics will be posted tomorrow. I have to do it from work because I don't have the software on this computer.)

I dropped her off at the airport and we gave each other about 6 hugs. LOL. First a hug for us, then one hug each from MM, then one hug each from everyone else, and then another hug for us. :) And then I came home, sad but happy.

Boo is a total sweetheart and I loved meeting her. I almost kidnapped her so she wouldn't leave, but she said her husband and child might not like that too much. *rolls eyes* Whatevah! *grin*

(*hopes Boo approves of the length of this post* *giggle*)

17 comments:

Bravie said...

YAY for you. I knew that it would go smoothly. So glad you got to meet her and I can't wait to meet her (and remeet Kim).
I hope you used a condom to blow up Sanjana. Safety first.
*swalt*

Jen said...

Boo blew him up, unprotected. The slut.
*grin*

*swalt*

mtw said...

You guys talked about ME???

*embarrassed*

I'm seriously looking forward to our meet on Friday. I'm having a hard time deciding on a place. And which outfit to wear. I'd love to see Kim again, too.

*smooches Jen*

MM said...

Yay! You hugged each other for me! :)
Glad you two got to meet. I would have Loved to be there with you.

I'll be sure to provide the protection, since I know Boo is "like that". *giggle*

Bravie said...

Sanjana has been spoiled. Hrmph.

Swami said...

Sounds like a great meet, Jen!

momma said...

Yay! Sooooooo glad you two had fun. Sounds like a perfect meet.

*hugs*

Glowie said...

mmmm Olive Garden.

Yay for Boo and Jen!

*smooooooch*

Breezy said...

Yay!!!!!

Gah. I'm really hungry now. Do you have any leftovers for my lunch?

Jen said...

Sorry, Breezy. I ate all my leftovers last night. I was hungry around 8:30 and they were calling to me from the fridge. :)

arkie said...

I'm really disappointed in the two of you. I just *knew* you would blow up Sanjana and take hir in to sit at the table with you.

Sounds like y'all had a great meet, and I must admit, I'm jealous.

Bravie said...

I just talked to Boo. She said she had never met anyone who talked so much.
Maybe those weren't her exact words.

Breezy said...

Where's the pics!!?!?!?!??!

Anonymous said...

It was soooooooo much fun. I absolutely adore Jen, and I wish I could have stayed longer.

I will have to get into more details later because I'm being charged by the minute right now.

And it was not totally unprotected - I wiped him down as soon as he arrived with my wipee things.

What Jen did not see was the bottle of Purel and 2 packs of Wet Ones in my bag.

Be back later.

~Nutz said...

*counts the number of peeps posting above me*

Hmmm... that's way more than 6! You definitely did not give a hug for me. :(

So... while Boo is off traveling, tell me, what did she say about me? ;-)

Jen said...

Sorry guys. Busy day. I will still try and get the pics up today, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Arkster- We did consider taking Sanjana in with us. For about a second. And then we looked at each other and said "No way" *grin*

Carey- She must have been talking about herself. *giggle*

Boo- You charge by the minute? Wow, you really are a slut!
*intentionally misreading things since 2 minutes ago*

Nutz- It was a general hug for everyone. You were included. :)
I'd tell you what she said, but then I'd have to kill you. *grin*

yvonne said...

Yay for peep meets! Glad you two got to meet.

And I love Olive Garden, too. Yum!

*big hugs for the two of you*