We interrupt this blog post to squeal about how we have the bestest Valentine EVAH! I just got a very special package delivered to me- full of candy, yummy smelling bath stuff, and jewelry!! I love it. And I love my Valentine. She's the best. *dreamy sigh*
We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog post...
I know not many people read my blog anymore, but I have been feeling like updating more lately. So...
-It's frickin' freezing in here, Mr. Bigglesworth. Brrrr! We discovered yesterday that there was a huge gas leak in our building here at work. Apparently, whoever installed the gas lines is a total moron, and everything is all screwed up. I heard the guy from the gas company say that it's like we've been sitting on a bomb. Nice. So, he shut the gas off and we've been without heat since yesterday afternoon. And it's *checks weather.com* 8 degrees here with a wind chill of -5. I'm sure last night the wind chill was in the -teens. I have a space heater under my desk, but it's not doing much to keep my fingers warm. And I can't type with my gloves on, so I'm pretty much SOL. I hope the guy gets here soon and gets everything fixed up.
-My sister found out the sex of the baby earlier this week. It's another boy. We're all kind of bummed. Tate was really hoping for a little sister, and Amy has always wanted a girl. But as long as he is healthy, I know we will be overjoyed when he gets here. :)
-For X-Mas, my mom bought me this:
She always feels the need to buy some weird kitchen appliance for me and my sister for X-Mas. Previous years have included a pizza stone and a cookie press. I was kind of excited about this breakfast sandwich maker though because I loooooove the Sausage and Egg McMuffin from McDonald's so much. I hadn't opened this until a couple weeks ago... and I find that I am fascinated by it. The taste is not as good as McDonald's, but for the ease and convenience, I am loving it. I pop in an English Muffin, break an egg, throw a pre-cooked sausage patty on, and in minutes I have my very own breakfast sandwich. I love it. Yay Mom!
-I'm on my 3rd attempt at a different anti-depressant now. None of the others have worked. I've only been on this one for a few days, so I'm not sure yet if this one will be any different. If this doesn't work, I don't know if I'll bother to try another one. All that I've gotten from this experience is frustration, side effects, and a dent in my wallet.
-My mom is re-doing her kitchen and my Uncle Dave is doing all the installation for her. It will be nice to have him up here for a few weekends. I love my Uncle Dave, he reminds me so much of my dad.
-On Kimmah's reccomendation, I ordered some free samples from Everyday Minerals. I think I might like them better than BMs, and they're cheaper. Yay!
-I think I have more stuff to write, but my mind is drawing a blank. Maybe my brain is freezing. Check back for additions later. Maybe once we get the heat fixed and my brain thaws, I'll have more to say.

31 comments:
I've commented somewhere once before, that I'm a total small kitchen appliance freak. I want one of those. I love the Sausage/Egg McMuffin and that would be so cool if I could have one on the weekends without having to leave the house.
It's cold here, but not as bad as you have it. It was 13 degrees when I got up this morning. Think it's supposed to get all the way up to 30 today. Break out the shorts and flip flops! Not.
It's a pretty cool little appliance, Arkie. It times it so that everything finishes at once. Since the egg takes longer to cook, it doesn't start toasting the bread until the end. I like it for making egg sandwiches, too.
I'm just hoping for it to hit mid-30's this weekend so that all of this horrid snow will melt.
But where do you put all the appliances? Don't they take over your entire counter space? Do you put them away and take them out all the time? I hate bulky or awkward appliances even though I might like what they do.
My fulltime counter residents are a coffee poot, a toaster and a George. I don't use the George that much but is the big one with removeable heatplates so it is very awkward to put away - not to mention heavy.
I keep my blender, waffle iron, crockpot and toaster oven stored in a lower cupboard.
Funny you should mention that, Swami. I am right now in the process of looking for a storage/microwave cart where I can put some of the appliances and other stuff that I never use.
Living in an apartment, I don't have a lot of counter space to begin with, but it is getting a little out of control now. I should take a picture tonight. Heh.
But this Egg/Muffin toaster replaces my regular toaster, so it doesn't take up that much more space than normal.
I need to get things off my counter that I rarely use (blender, spice rack, George). I use my toaster a lot, so it will stay. I don't drink coffee, but I do have a small coffee pot (LOL at you typing poot) that I keep in a cabinet for when my mom comes over.
Oh, and I am pissed because I can't find a microwave cart that will accomodate my microwave for a price I can afford. :(
I would like your Mom to send me kitchen appliances, please.
*hugs* I hope this medication works out for you. *smooch*
My mom is always giving me kitchen appliances that I use once, store for two years, then sell at a garage sale for about 5% of what she paid for it.
P.S. - there are plenty of us reading your blog.
P.P.S. - it's 70 degrees here today. :-)
I think I want one of those toaster thingies.... very interesting.
*hug*
I'll let her know, Carey. Do you want my cookie press? I've never even taken it out of the box. LOL.
*throws a snowball at MTW* :P
You should get one, Breezy. They're fun. Well, as much as a toaster can be fun. :)
I've always wanted one of those sammich toaster thingies, too!
I hope your meds help. I guess after three, I wouldn't blame you for being frustrated.
What's a cookie press?
Wow. I had no idea so many people were longing for the sammich toaster. :)
Carey, a cookie press is one of those things that looks like a gun. You fill the tube up with dough and put different attachments on the end to make different shapes, then you pull the trigger and voila! Cookies in the shape of a flower!
How can they keep you at work with no heat? Isn't that some sort of code violation?
Ugh. I'd protest. My office is cold at work and it makes me cranky, and we *have* heat!
Congrats on the new nephew! I think that if there's a chance of being bummed it's better to get it over with now than to be bummed when the baby is actually born.
I love kitchen gadgets.
Good luck with the meds! It can take some time to find the one that really works for you so hopefully this one is the charm!
Ahhhh, those. I have one of those. *grin*
It probably is against the law or something, Frodis. But we're just a small office and my boss has brought in all kinds of space heaters and stuff, so it's actually not so bad anymore. Except when we have to go upstairs to go to the bathroom. It's only 45 degrees up there!!! I can see my breath in the hallway. *shiver*
Cold toilet seats are not pleasant, btw. Heh.
Do you use your cookie press, Carey? I actually really like the cookies it makes, I'm just too lazy to use it. :)
No, it's still in the package and I have had it for two years. But I had to have it. That's the case with a lot of my kitchen stuff. I got an onion bloom maker last year and it's still in the box. But I have it and that's the important thing. This weekend I just bought the "as seen on tv" express pasta cooker and vidalia chopper. Neither of which I need. But I have them. And that's what is important. *snort*
I have a cookie press! It's still in it's box after, umm... well, I got it when I still lived in Arkansas, while I was still in Des Arc, so that would be around '97? Huh. Guess I didn't need it as much as I thought.
You do realize that you have given us a list. *smiles wide proud smile*
I have two cookies presses. I bought one because I "needed" it. Then my boss bought me one because he thought I "needed" it.
I would like one of those sandwich maker things. I think I need one.
Last night we went to one of our malls that we do go to very often. It has a Williams Sonoma in it. I only window-shopped. But I did see some sort of ABC cookie gadget. I think I need it for Conner's next school party. The kids like it when I make letters on his pancakes with his syrup. Iagine how much they will love me if I make them letter cookies.
I received my Everyday Minerals samples. I think I'm going to put them in an old Bare Minerals container.
I saw those muffin/egg thingys around Christmas time. However, I don't like eggs.
I'm reading your blog. Keep it up!
I read it all the time. I just don't always have time to respond, but that doesn't mean I don't lvoe you!
Carey, I would like you to make me an onion bloom thing, please. :)
All this talk of cookie presses is making me want to use mine. LOL. Too bad it's still at my mom's house, I think. And I probably don't have the ingredients to make the dough. I am making muffins right now, but only because all I had to do was open up the package and add some milk. *grin*
Boo- I love lists too. My mom wanted to go to Target the other night and I said "Ack! No. I can't go to Target without a list. I'll spend too much money." :)
Puffy- That's what I do-- use and old BM container. Those little sample containers are impossible to work with!
*smooches Nutzzzzzzzzz*
Perhaps I should try lists for Target. I never get out of there without spending $100.
I really should look into the BMs or the EMs. I don't even know where or how to start though. And I'd hate to end up with boils on my face like Geg did.
Oh and DUH:
*besa*
Glad you liked it!
MM- go to the everyday minerals website (linked in this post) and order some free samples! You get to pick 3 different shades of foundation, so you don't have to worry about knowing which exact shade to get, and they also give you good descriptions about which skin colors it works for. You do have to pay the s&h, but mine was only $4.
where'd my post go?
where'd my post go?
wow. What the fuck? Now there's a duplicate post?
Just wanted to send warm fuzzies to the Auntie to be. I never have time to do much blog reading anymore, but I always try to stop by and catch up.
Smooches
*smooch* Syren. Good to see you. :)
Post a Comment