Pffft. Assholes. I was going to sign up for audioblogger so that I could do my Blogger Idol, only to find out that they discontinued the service in November! I'm bummed. It would've been fun to do. *sigh*
In other news, someone on my floor is apparently cooking a shitload of bacon. The smell is wafting into my apartment. I don't eat bacon very often, but it sure does smell good. *stomach grumble*
I'm watching Tate later on today. Yay! It has been forever since he's been to my house. I'm going to babysit for a couple hours so my sister and BIL can go out and have a dinner all by themselves. :)
Do you guys ever get those horrible cramps in your calves when you're sleeping? I think they're called charlie horses? It's excruciating pain and you can't move your leg, but the only way to make the pain stop is to flex your calf muscle. I had one last night. OMG, it hurt so bad. My calf is still sore.
I think I'm being punished for not switching to New Blogger. I have been getting so many spam comments for the past few days! Is this happening to anyone else? Of course, if you don't get your comments emailed to you, you might not know because they spam really really old posts. I click on the link in the email and go and delete them. I've had 4 just today! Grrrr.
Edit- Make that 5. I got another one right after I published this post. *rolls eyes*
Hope you're all having a good weekend! *smooches*
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ack, I'm sorry about the leg cramp. DH gets those sometimes. I read somewhere if you put a bar of soap under the sheet, it prevents it. Weirdest thing I ever heard of, but some people swear by it.
How did it go with Tate? He is such a cutie! We need new pics!
I'll have to check for spam. I don't get the email notification of new comments, so I wouldn't know.
And damn blogger! I wanted to hear you sing!
Soap? Never heard that one.
Jen, I think you need more magnesium and calcium in your diet. Eat more bananas & drink milk. This really does help a lot!
Once a cramp hits you the only thing that makes it go away is to stretch the muscle by limping around the bedroom and swearing like a sailor. The swearing helps a lot.
MM- Things with Tate were good. He's become a little argumentative in his old age (He's 4 now, and did not want to eat what I had planned for dinner, but I was able to trick him into eating it *grin*) but he's still a good kid. We played games and colored and it was great spending time with him. God, I love that kid. :)
I asked my sister to email some pics of me and him from Christmas, so hopefully she'll do that and I'll post them soon.
Swami- It's quite possible that I need more magnesium and calcium, but I'm wondering what in this post made you think that. What will it help me with?
And swearing? is a part of my everyday diet. *grin*
What Swami said. Eat more bananas to help prevent the leg cramps. I've never heard that drinking more milk would help.
Like Arkie says, the magnesium will really help prevent cramping. Magnesium and potassium are both absorbed by the body more efficiently in the presence of calcium. Thus, have some milk with that banana!
I hate new Blogger. I had no choice! They wouldn't let me sign in!
I didn't know about eating bananas and drinking milk. I will pass this info to my cousin, who gets leg cramps too.
What an informative blog.
I have to tell you, ever since you posted about your issues getting to sleep, I always think of you at bedtime! How creeped out are you? :-)
Seriously, when thoughts start running through my head for an hour straight, I think about you and giggle at how dumb our brain transcripts must sound.
Hmmm, I haven't had any spam.
Post a Comment