Saturday, February 24, 2007

New & Improved Kitchen

I just spent the last 2 hours putting together my new kitchen. This involved assembling the microwave cart (which was pretty easy, except I wasn't able to screw the top on. Oh well.) Then I took everything out of my kitchen and swept and mopped the floor. Then I took all the burners and thingys off the stove and scoured those. Then I washed all the pots and pans that needed washing. Then I wiped down all the counters, re-arranged stuff on the counters, and finally I brought back a few items that I had taken out to mop. The rest of it (boxes, old rusty folding chair, a bag of misc. bags that I never use) is getting thrown away. My kitchen has never been this clean! Well, maybe on the day I first moved in. LOL.

Here is the finished product. I'm very happy. It makes my kitchen seem so much bigger to have all of that free counter space. Yay!








































My plans for the rest of the day include cleaning the bathroom, taking a shower, doing 2 loads of laundry, taking some of this junk down to my car and possibly running up to the store to get some hamburger buns and beer.

Phew. I'm exhaused already just typing all that out. Maybe I'll take a nap instead. heh.

Oh! And when I went to Target to buy the microwave cart, they had that laundry basket on wheels that I wanted but was supposedly only available online. And it was $5 cheaper. Woot!

It is so sad that things like that excite me. :)

5 comments:

frodis said...

Please come to my kitchen and bring your badass cleaning self.

I'll make you a grilled cheese sandwich, if you like.

Bravie said...

Ditto what Frodis said. And will you do my laundry, too? I have about 5 loads to do today and I won't be around long enough to get it all done.
I get to go to my niece's 3rd birthday party where most of the family is sick. I know this because we all went to dinner Friday night and they were all sick then. Grrrrr. Not happy about spending my Sunday in a house full of sick people. *sigh*
To make it worse, it's raining. This means I can't hang out outside where there are no germy people.
/rant

~Nutz said...

*steals a banana* :D

Glowie said...

nice!

When you come over (in three weeks!) you can mop my kitchen! yay!

kim (weltek) said...

Can I have a ride in your laundry basket please? Someone else needs to get one so we can have races.