How long should I wait before I accept that a friendship is over? I have a friend that I used to email with on a pretty regular basis. We never went more than about a week without touching base. The last email I wrote contained some pretty heavy stuff about my past relationships (because he asked about them). I haven't heard from him since- that's about 6 weeks. I've sent him a couple "Hey, where are you? Let me know you're ok" type emails and have received no response from those either. I guess it's possible that he just hasn't checked his email, maybe his computer crashed or something... but I don't think so. It makes me very sad, but also kind of angry. I just can't accept that he would stop talking to me and end our friendship without telling me. I thought we were closer than that. Plus, I just told him a bunch of deep, personal stuff and I get no response? Not fair. /whining. lol
On the other hand, he did do this one other time-- disappeared for a few months, but that was back when we hadn't really become friends yet. I just don't know what to think. Another thing that worries me is that he has some health problems, what if he's in the hospital or something? Arg. I hate not knowing whats going on. I guess I just have to keep checking my email, hoping that one day soon I will hear from him. *sigh*
Sunday, February 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I would say not to call it officially over. I wouldn't make anymore attempts but be there if your friend comes back. You enver know, sometimes people need space and time and it has nothing to do with anyone except themselves. You have made an effort and that's all you can do. That doesn't mean the friendship is over. Maybe be less likely to share deep information with him in the future though.
You should be sharing that stuff with me anyhow. *smooch*
I know people need space sometimes, I just wish I had been informed that he would be gone for months (if that is the case). For instance, you usually tell me if you're going to be taking one of your "breaks" *rolls eyes* ;) And I appreciate that- it shows consideration for your friends, which is something I highly value.
Oh, and I do share stuff with you. Remember that little secret I told you and Steph in chat that one night? Yeah, *still* embarassed about that one. *blushes*
Well if you shared with him, what you shared with us, no wonder he is missing. ROFLMAO
and *whack* stop being embarrassed about it. We are your friends and do not judge you or think any differently of you. *smooch*
And it would be nice if he told you, bt not everybody can be as considerate as I am. *grin*
ACK!!!!! I most certainly did not share that with him!! *whack* for even being evil enough to think that. hee hee hee
Post a Comment