Thursday, February 03, 2005

Gather 'round kiddos

it's story time!

So, about 2-3 years ago, I was working at Staples. Sometimes we would go up to Damon's (a restaurant/bar. I think they are nationwide, but just in case they aren't I thought I would explain) after work to have a drink. There was a bartender there (Ray) who would flirt with me. He was like the only guy to ever really flirt or take an interest in me. One time he told me I was gorgeous and he bought me a drink. Actually, I think he picked up my whole drink tab. I remember his words, 2 years later. He said "I'll get this. Don't feel like you owe me anything... even though you do. *wink*" I just blushed and rushed out of the restaurant with my friend. He was semi-cute, very smart and seemed to have a great sense of humor, but he never asked me out. I was way too shy to ask him out, even though I was pretty sure he would say yes. Anyhow, I quit Staples and stopped going there... until a few weeks ago. My mom and I went one night after work to have a few drinks and some dinner. He wasn't there. I didn't really expect him to still be working there after 2 years, but I was hoping. So we went there again tonight for happy hour and I was hoping against hope that he would be there. He wasn't, but I got up enough courage to ask our waitress if he still worked there. Turns out he just quit 2 months ago! She talked about him quite a bit... said how smart he was and that he had been on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and had won $32,000. I almost cried right there. A smart, funny, semi-cute boy who was interested in me (ME!) and nothing ever came of it. If only we had gone there 2 months ago... it's just my luck. My horrible, rotten, awful luck. I'm very sad about this. I feel like I missed a great opportunity with someone special. :( Where is he???? (not Ray -- the man I'm supposed to be with... although who knows? It could've been Ray) *sigh and sob*

1 comment:

Bravie said...

Ray was obviously not the right man. If he were, fate would ahve brought you together. He will probably turn out to be a mass murderer and then imagine how lucky you will feel that he no longer worked there. The right person will come along. I didn't find Michelle until I was 25 years old and even then I didn't think she was the one. You never know where that person will come from. Steph is right. Look at the people you have recently found that were meant to be in your life. Your time will come sweety. It will, when you least expect it. *smooch* and *whack* I am whacking ou because you are crying and I want you to stop it. *grin*
Who knows, maybe the man of your dreams will magically show up in your blog.