Friday, December 22, 2006

*giggle*

My boss gave me this card and I thought it was cute, so I decided to share it with you guys. :)




















He took us out for a yummy lunch too. I was skeptical at first because we went to this Italian place in a strip mall. Yes, I said strip mall. Heh. But inside it was really nice and they had a wide variety of food; pasta, seafood, chicken, pizza, burgers, etc. I stepped outside of my burger comfort zone and ordered Chicken Saltimbucca. It is "chicken layered with prosciutto and asiago cheese, sauteed and then braised in white wine and sprinkled with sage. Served with a side of spaghetti." I was a little hesitant to try it at first because it had this ugly brown sauce drizzled all over it (uh. shouldn't white wine be white?) and the first bite wasn't too good, but the more I ate the more I got used to it. The spaghetti was good. :) Then we ordered dessert. Mmmm. There was a choice of several different cheesecakes (cheesepies, as I like to call them) which is usually what I would have gone for, but I was feeling daring today so I ordered something I have always wanted to try. Creme brulee. Mmmm. It was very yummy. I scarfed the whole thing down in no time. *grin* I always thought creme brulee was a warm dessert (I guess because I've seen people using the blowtorch on it) so I was surprised and pleased when I bit in and it was slightly chilled. Me likey creme brulee. *grin*

11 comments:

momma said...

Sounds like a great lunch to me!

*smooch*

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Try not to get to down and just take life (and the holidays) one moment at a time.

mm said...

I'm impressed that you tried something new! I love my Creme Brulee perfume, but have never had the guts to try it.

I've been trying to step outside my comfort zone lately, and have found a couple new things I like. :)

Bravie said...

Good job of stepping outside of your comfort zone. Merry Christmas. *smooch*

Surveysez said...

Good choices, and Merry Christmas.

Swami said...

Creme Brulee is one of my favorite desserts! Chicken Saltimbucca sounds good too. I would have passed on the side of spaghetti though.

Trying new things now and then is always good.

Cute card but now I want gumdrops. Merry Chirstmas!

Swami said...

Or even Merry Christmas...

mtw said...

Mmmm! Food sounds yummy.

Merry Christmas, Jen!

*smooch*

Seana said...

Cute card!

Merry Christmas, Jen!

*hugs*

Bravie said...

Merry Christmas, Jen.

kim (weltek) said...

Merry Christmas! I would like some of that food right now. I don't know what to make for dinner.

Anonymous said...

For some reason I thought it read, "spanked with sage." Glad you tried it and liked it. It sounds super yummy.

Creme Brulee is one of my most favorite foods.