Saturday, December 16, 2006

Good day

Today was the first really good day I've had in several weeks. I've been so depressed and tired lately. I went to the doctor last week and got some meds, but they have been giving me some awful side effects and I've just been really down and out. But today I woke up feeling pretty good. Maybe it was because I knew I had something to look forward to. Me and my friend Tracy had plans to go out and do some final Christmas shopping, and then go to dinner.

She came over around 5 and gave me a gift (even though we said we weren't exchanging gifts *whacks Tracy*). She got me some Peppermint martini mix and a bottle of vodka and a pear scented candle. I mixed up a martini before we left so we could see what it tasted like. Pretty good. Not something you can drink a lot of, but it was good. So off we went to the mall, where we hit several stores. I had more luck finding stuff than Tracy did, mostly because I knew exactly what I was looking for and she didn't. Considering how much I absolutely loathe the mall, it wasn't too bad. There was a ton of people, but overall it was ok.
Then we went to Target where I spent a bunch of money on the rest of the gifts I needed. Tracy still hadn't found a gift for her dad, so she wanted to go to Borders, where she got him a book on the Steelers *waves to Glow*.
After our whirlwind shopping spree we were both starving so we went to Applebees. I had a quesadilla burger and a huge glass of sangria. Yummy. That was the first time I've actually had sangria.

And now I'm at home, relaxing, about to watch season 1 of The Office on dvd. I feel very relieved that I have all of my Christmas shopping done (except for a few gift cards I have to buy when I go to the grocery store next week) and I feel good about the gifts I bought everyone. Because of the bonus money I got last month I was able to buy more for people than I usually do and that feels good.

Tomorrow I think I'll just be hanging around the house, wrapping presents and resting. Oh, and I have to burn a couple cds that Tracy asked me for.

I hope you're all having a good weekend! *smooches*

8 comments:

Zombs said...

Let's have a disco party tonight!

I am very jealous of you people that are done with their Christmas stuff. I have to do most of mine still.

Bravie said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had a good day. YAY for you *big smooches*

mm said...

Yay! I love reading about things that make my valentine happy. *Smooch*

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day. I have to go to the mall today. *grumble* I too hate going to the mall.

And my iPod is broken, so I have to go so that I can take it to the Apple store.

Glowie said...

This blog entry makes me very happy. I love you, shithead. *smooch*

oh yeah and YAY for Tracy's dad!

Breezy said...

mmmmm sangria

*smooch* Glad you had a good day.

Swami said...

Days that end with Sangria sound like good days to me too.

I ate at Applebees on Sunday, and I almost got the quesadilla burger! But then I got the bacon-cheese instead. I had to get a burger so Max could have my fries. He ate a buffalo wings appetizer, a cheese quesadilla and my fries.

Damn young guys have such an awesome metabolism!

Schnookie said...

YAY for you having a good day. Let's hope you have lots and lots of good days to come.

I love Applebee's burgers. *drool*