I can't catch a break!
I decided to go out and get started on some Christmas shopping at Wal-Fart. I had a shirt that I needed to return so that was my first stop. Of course they only had 1 person working Customer Service and the customer at the front of the line didn't speak English. The poor clerk didn't even know if she wanted to buy the stuff or return it! After a couple minutes it was decided that she wanted to buy because she started haggling over the price $2 shirts. Apparently that wasn't a good enough deal. She dismissed all of her items, save for a $2.50 box of hair color which she purchased after asking what the price was about 5 times. *sigh*
So then I was off to look at the maternity section to see if I could pick up some clothes for my sister. Um. Either Wal-Mart has the worst selection of maternity clothes ever, or I wasn't looking in the right place. All I found was 1 rack of pants and 1 rack of ugly shirts. *sigh*
Next stop was the toy section. Tate is way into the Cars movie so I was on the lookout for anything dealing with that. There were a few specific things that I was looking for, but I wasn't finding them. I spied a Cars logo on an endcap and I went around the corner to see what it was. I was met by 3 cameramen and some big black dude. Ooook. My first thought was that he was a basketball player buying some toys for charity or something and they were filming for the news. I went on my way, keeping an eye out for Cars logos, when I started to run into more and more big black dudes (and a couple big white dudes) and a bunch of screaming kids wearing name tags. Oh boy. It seems that I picked the night when the Cleveland Browns (football. I was mistaken thinking it was a basketball player. I have no clue about athletes.) take a bunch of kids shopping. Hoorah! That makes things so much easier. *sigh* After a couple turns around the toy section, dodging cameramen, football players and underprivileged kids, I decided it wasn't my night and I gave up.
I wonder if I'll end up on the news, looking pissed off. LOL.
All I ended up getting was a Cars pillowcase and a poker chip set (for my mom. She's turning my old bedroom into a game room.) What a waste. I have a headache. *sigh*
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Dagnabbit! Why can't I ever be in a store when athletes take kids shopping? I'd friggin' love that!
Sorry you had a sucky experience. Better luck next time. :(
{{{hugs}}}
*besa*
Sorry it went so badly.
I've done a lot of internet shopping this year. Heh.
That's what you get for shopping at Walmart :-)
LOL. You've got a point there Nookie. I try to avoid Wal-Mart whenever possible, but they had a few Cars items that I hadn't seen anywhere else.
Methinks I'll be hitting Amazon.com today. :)
Target had a bunch of Cars stuff the last time I was there.
So, were you on TV looking all pissed? Because that would be funny.
Is there a Toys-R-Us near you?
I'm sure I'll be hitting up the Target next time I go shopping. I love Target. :)
I actually didn't watch the news, so I don't know if I made it on TV. I was super tired, so I went to bed early.
There is a Toy-R-Us, but I don't like the area it's in. I might go if I can't find anything anywhere else.
I want to go shopping where Brett Favre is playing with kids.
Post a Comment