Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Holy brain fart

I had to stop and get gas on the way home. The most convenient station is really tiny and kind of hard to navigate if it's crowded, which it was. So, I pulled in and took a quick trip around the lot to scope out my options, and then I pulled up to a pump. I went to get out and realized that I had pulled up on the wrong side. Uh, duh. I think that's the first time I've ever done that. It's usually 2nd nature to realize that my gas door is on the driver's side. I didn't think the hose would reach, so I pulled out and took another trip around the lot, looking for open pumps that would be on the right side. Oh! There's one! But the turn is too tight and I can't make it, so I have to reverse and try to manuever into it. Pull up to the pump. Wrong Fucking Side Again. WTF?? I swear someone must have sucked my brains out without my knowledge. By this time I was mortified that I was circling this lot like a moron and pulling up to the wrong pumps, so I just left and went to a gas station down the street. LOL. What a fucking dork. :D
*waits for other people to tell me they've done this, so I don't feel like a complete loser*

Oh, and then when I was pulling on to my street I noticed that this little beverage store at the corner where I went a lot to pick up beer or alcohol was shut down. All the shelves were empty. Bummer!

On a positive note, I looooooove my new laptop. It makes everything so much easier. (I think I've blogged every day for the past 3 days. That might be a record for me. The laptop makes it so easy though.) Yay!

12 comments:

arkie said...

I'll admit it, I have had the total brain fart, and forgotten what side my gas tank is on.

Jen said...

Twice? In the same trip?

Schnookie said...

*points at Jen and laughs*

Jen said...

I used to think Nookie was sweet. Hrmph.

arkie said...

No, never twice on the same trip. Or if I did, and I'm not saying I did, just IF I did, it was somehow someone else's fault. You know, like I was pulling in correctly, and some goober pulled up where I needed to be, and I somehow ended up on the wrong side again. Completely not my fault.

Bravie said...

*points and laughs*

Breezy said...

*points and laugh*

Just joining in the fun. But no, I've never done this. *giggle*

Swami said...

*points and laughs* Because everyone else is.

I have never done this wrong side thing but I circle around gas stations regularly. I have "favorite" pumps and I always like to be parked so I can make a quick getaway if I think the pumps are going to blow.

Jen said...

I hate you all. :P (Except Arkie because she at least made an attempt to make me not feel like a dork.)

LOL @ Swami thinking the pumps might blow up.
*makes crazy hand motion*

mm said...

OMH! You must have been preoccupied or something!

*refuses to point and laugh at my valentine*

{{hugs}}

*shields Jen from all the meanie poopoo heads*

kim (weltek) said...

*snort* Both our cars now have an arrow on the gas gauge telling me what side the tank is on. It's a luxury I've never had before.

RIP, liquor store.

Zombs said...

This is where you really need a lesbian sidekick.