Monday, August 07, 2006

311 concert

was awesome! We had so much fun. I went over to Tracy's house and we had a drink before we went. Her boyfriend drove us because we were planning on a big night of drinking. :) We went for dinner at the Hard Rock beforehand. It was very crowded, and there was a screaming baby 2 tables over. But the food was alright and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. My mom's BF had given us this "All Access" card that moves you to the front of the line if there is a wait for a table. At first the wait was going to be 45 minutes, but then I showed the girl the card and she was like "OH! You're all access! Hey Tina! Do we have a table for 2 All Access?!" It was funny how excited about it she was, and what a fuss was made because of this card. We only ended up waiting like 10 minutes. Yay! So all night if we had to wait in a line, we were like "Don't these people know who we are? We're All Access." *snort*

After dinner, we took a shuttle bus to the concert venue. There were 4 really super drunk guys on the shuttle with us. They were so loud and obnoxious, we felt sorry for the driver. The one guy kept asking me if I wanted to hug him for a dollar. I never did figure out if I had to pay the dollar, or if he would pay me a dollar to hug him. Heh. I suspected that I was supposed to pay, which is why I kept saying "Um. No thanks. I'm good." *rolls eyes* Stupid drunk people. *snort*

We didn't really pay any attention to the opening bands. I had never really heard of either of them before. They were both reggae bands. I guess one of them was Bob Marley's old band. I recognized a couple of those songs. We were just kind of hanging out in the back, sitting on a bench and drinking and talking. When 311 came on, we made our way up into the crowd. Tracy and I have been 311 fans for a long time. We've been to every concert they've played in Cleveland, and once we even followed them around Ohio. First a concert in Cincinnati, then one in Columbus, then finished up in Cleveland. That was such fun. The past few concerts of theirs that we've gone to, we thought would probably be our last. Just because we've seen them soooo many times, and it kind of gets boring after awhile. But then we go to the concert, and we have a kick ass time, and the next time they roll around, we always end up going again. Heh. I think it was like the 3rd song in, Tracy turned to me and said "This won't be our last time." LOL.

311 puts on a great show. For those that don't know who they are, they are kind of a mix of rock, rap, and a bit of reggae thrown in. Very high energy. I danced my ass off, and I'm still sore today. Heh. We were drinking and having a blast, and time just flew by. Before we knew it, the concert was over. :( I said "Well, they're going to do an encore." and Tracy said "Um. They just did the encore." LMAO. I called my mom because she was picking us up. Good thing, because we were shitfaced. *grin* We sat on a bench while waiting for her and had a great talk. A talk like we haven't had in years and years. Although Tracy and I have been friends for 10 years, we aren't really close anymore. We had a fight like 5 years ago, and we didn't speak for 2 years after that. Ever since then, we just have a more casual friendship. But on Saturday, we really talked. About our insecurities, about her relationship, and even her sex life, which is something we'd never talked about before. We both knew it was only because we were drunk that we were being so open, but that was ok. I don't know if we'll ever have a talk like that again. I don't know if it will bring us close again, like we used to be. I don't know if it will change our friendship. If it doesn't, that's ok. At least it happened, and I'm glad it did. :)

15 comments:

Glowie said...

I'm so glad you had a great time and had a great talk. Sounds like a really fun night. For those of you who haven't been to a concert or drunk with Jen, it does make for a good time. :) Love you, shithead.

gothmog said...

Thanks for the 411 on 311. Glad you didn't have to call 911.

And for the record, I'd hug just about anyone for a dollar. But I'm a ho that way.

Schnookie said...

I have never heard of that group. Sounds like I might like their music if there is some reggae in it.

Glad you had a fun time and a nice talk with your friend.

Bravie said...

We have an All Access Pass too. *high fives*
Glad you had such a good time and glad that you and Tracey got to talk some.
*smooch*

mm said...

Well, I'd pay you for a hug. Hell, I might even pay you for another kiss. *grin*

Glad you had a good time, Jen. I love being able to open up with friends about stuff that has not previously been discussed. Brings whole new life into the friendship. Perhaps you two are ready to go deeper, again?

~Nutz said...

*gasp* Was it the Hard Rock in Tower City? Is that the only Hard Rock in Cleveland?

*wonders if Jen's butt sat where my butt sat when I visited my sister & ate at the Hard Rock*

Jen said...

Glowie- Love you too, fuckstick.

Goth- Hi ho!

Nookie- I could burn you some of their cds if you want.

Carey- *high five!*

MM- It's your lucky day. I'm handing out hugs and kisses in exchange for Vicodin. LOL.

Nutz!- Yes, that is the only Hard Rock in Cleveland. We sat down in the frickin basement. There was only like 10 tables down there.

~Nutz said...

Oh! I guess that's the All Access part of the restaurant! Did you have lots of bathroom traffic going by your table the whole time? *grin*

When I was there, we sat upstairs near the bar along the railing.

Jen said...

Yeah, I guess "All Access" means All Access to the Bathrooms. LOL. Luckily I had my back to them, so I didn't notice any potty traffic. And we were sitting towards the middle of the room. Which btw, I hate. I like to have my back to a wall or in a corner. I hate sitting out in the open. *shudder*

mm said...

LOL! I hate that too. Whenever we go out, I always get to pick where I sit first. Most people don't get it.

Jen + MM = two peas in a pod :)

Glowie said...

I just realized I've been to that Hard Rock too!!!!!

Jen said...

So, MM, if we went out to dinner together, I'd have to fight you for the corner seat? LOL.

Glow! Where did you sit? :)

mm said...

No silly, we'd sit in the back booth, next to each other. Just like we did last time...*reminisces*

*swoony sigh*

Breezy said...

So is it three one one or three eleven? *grin*

Glad you had fun!

Jen said...

That was the perfect booth, wasn't it? Nice high back, so you felt private even if you weren't in the back of the restaurant. I could've done without the mirrors on the wall, but the booth itself was great. *reminisces with MM*

Three Eleven, baby! *makes rock on sign* :)