I am not a hopeful person. It seems like every time I get really excited about something or hopeful about anything, it always falls through. It doesn't work out and it's a huge letdown. So, I try and keep myself from hoping. That way, it's not such a letdown when something doesn't work out, and if it does happen to work out, it's a nice surprise instead of something I was expecting. But sometimes I can't help myself. The hope gets through, and it scares me, because with hope comes the fear of the letdown. Right now? I am hopeful. I've made a couple changes in my life over the past 2 weeks, and I'm really hoping that they work out. I wasn't even going to mention these things because I didn't want to congratulate myself and then end up failing. Again. But right now I am feeling proud of myself, so I'm going to go ahead and pat myself on the back (*pats self on back*) and I'm going to hope. I'm going to hope that this time things will be different. This time I will stick with it.
Oh. I suppose you might be wondering wtf these things are that I'm rambling about. Heh.
1. I quit smoking. 12 days so far. And you know what? it hasn't been that bad. I really think I can keep this up.
2. I've changed my eating habits. I don't want to call it a diet, because diets don't work. If it's going to work, I'm going to have to change. It's probably going to take me over a year to lose all the weight I want to, maybe longer, and I don't want to be on a diet for over a year. I just need to change my eating habits. I'm eating breakfast now, I eat a salad for lunch, and a healthier dinner. I allow myself a free day on Fridays because I don't want to deprive myself. That's what gets me in trouble-- feeling like I will never have my favorite foods again. So I'm not going to worry about that. I will still have my favorite foods, just not every day. So, yeah. I've lost 8 pounds. *big smile* And yes, I've dieted before. Yes, I've lost weight before, and it always comes back. But this feels different for some reason. I feel like I can do this. Oh, I hope I can do this. I have to do this, because I cannot stand to be this fat, ugly person anymore. I hate this person. I don't want to be this person anymore. It's got to work. It's got to work. It's got to work. It's got to work.
*waits for letdown*
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

25 comments:
Congrats! You have to celebrate the initial steps, it's motivation to keep going!
I was on track until a few months ago to loose my 20 lbs by fall. Now I'm still down 8 lbs (was 12 lbs this spring). You post has been motivation for me. Thank you!
*throws confetti*
Thanks, Kim. *smooch* And congrats to you also. You're almost halfway there! Good luck!
*dances in confetti*
Bravo Jen. If you expect failure, then you will fail.
Keep hoping. I know you can do it.
Your method of losing weight is perfect. Eat healthy foods and treat yourself once a week. That's how I did it.
If you eat white breads, try eating multi-grain breads instead. Use whole wheat pastas instead of white pastas. It really makes a difference. I've been able to maintain my weight loss just doing those things.
Good luck! You can do it!!! One day at a time.
You can do it.
I've never been uncomfortable with my body till now...pregnancy will do that to you...
I know it is hard...but it is not impossible. Use the faith we have in you to keep that ugly word out of the equation.
Wait for an email...
*smooch*
You go girl!!! I'm there for you, in your corner, rooting for you!
Yay!!!
*picks up confetti & throws it again*
If wishes for you to succeed are any help, you have more than enough from everyone. Hang in there.
You're doing great and I am very proud of you. You can do anything you set your mind to. I have faith in you. Great job. *smooch*
Thanks everyone. You guys are the best. *love*
You can do it! *smooch*
I read just yesterday that a healthy eating habit is 80/20. Don't cut out all of your not so healthy favorites, but have a splurge day. So, sounds like you have a good start.
*smooches* Jen. You ARE a beautiful person either way. Changing your eating philosophy instead if dieting is difficult but will pay huge rewards for you. Also, understanding that it won't happen overnight is also a big step, as is understanding that there will likely be setbacks along the way.
Keep your eye focused on your ultimate goal and the big picture and you will succeed. It's all about what makes YOU feel good, and when you feel good, others will notice the change.
YAY!! Congrats!!! I am so proud of you. I am also glad that you are being hopeful. I have a hard time with that one too. :)
On being hopeful.
I had some data work out. I even wrote a blog post, but then I didn't post it because I don't want to jinx things.
So I know what you mean. I remember one time I started going to the gym, but I didn't tell Mr Bob because I didn't want to tell him until I could bench press a certain amount (ie already succeeeded)
It sounds like you have some confidence now that you are sharing it with us, so congrats!
*smooch* I love you very much. I'm very proud of you. You can do this. You ARE doing this. *pats Jen on back*
So how is it going?
I ate like crap this week, so last night I went to the store & stocked up on some fruits, snack-type veggies and whole grains. Kashi has a new granola bar in Pumpkin Spice. Yum! It's the crunchy kind (like those Nature Valley ones), but that's ok.
So there's my pep talk for the day. We might fall off the wagon, but it's important to crawl right back on.
Eh. The past 2 days haven't been very good, Kim. I have still been eating much healthier than I used to, but I've gained back 4 pounds. *sigh* That has me kinda bummed, but I'm not giving up.
*crawls back onto wagon*
Good for you with the healthy snacks! We can do it! *smooch*
Oh, and another cure for getting back on the wagon: Go to an organic foods store. It's not that the food is always less fatty or lower calorie, it's just the focus in on health & it's inspiring.
*picks Jen up*
*smooches Jen*
*goes back for more*
*congratulates Jen for not giving up*
*tells Jen "I like her"*
I have faith in you that you can do whatever you set your mind to. *smooch*
*sweeps up confetti*
I cannot believe people come in here and litter in Jen's blog. :-)
It sounds like you have a good plan, and a great mindset, sweetie. Setbacks are going to happen, you just can't let it defeat you. Eating breakfast is very important, as is allowing yourself a free day.
Kudos to you for quitting smoking and changing your food choices at the SAME TIME! You rock, girl.
Remember, the person inside is what counts. I know everyone wants the outside to be fabulous but your inside is already fabulous, Jen. Don't forget that. *smooch*
*throws sweeped up confetti in Jen's blog*
:-)
12 days without smoking is a great accomplishment. You've already succeed.
Eating more healthy is a great idea. Send me your menu, cause I can't eat better if I don't know what to eat (well, other than hamburgers without the bun - that's my way of eating better).
I think you will make great strides this year on both issues!
Hooray for you!
I hear you about not posting until you're sure. I keep things to myself all the time for just that reason.
You're doing things exactly right. Especially the quitting smoking. From the other side, I can tell you that there are so many benefits from quitting that you'll be very glad you did. But try not to end up all evangelical about it, like I get sometimes. That just bugs people. :-)
Yay Jen! Keep it up!
Sounds liek you're on the right track. Keep up the good work.
Just here to give more encouragement. *hugs*
Post a Comment