Saturday, November 19, 2005

Just.Beautiful.

I've watched my Glowie's wedding 4 times now. It was so wonderful. Each time it gets better. The first time? I was grinning like a fool, watching intently, tearing up a bit and trying to keep up with the chat session. Thanks and smooches to Arkie, Iggy, PM, Seana, Nookie, Breezy, Carey, and MM for joining in. It was such fun! We were all flipping out at first because the page wasn't loading and we didn't know if maybe the wedding was just late, or if it wasn't working. I was about to cry, thinking I wouldn't get to see it live. Then, all of a sudden we could all see it. We talked about how beautiful Glow looked (just.gorgeous. The dress, the hair, the makeup. It was all perfect.) and how handsome Shawn was. We laughed, we cried, we drank champagne. Ok, well I was the only one drinking champagne, but I shared virtually. Buggy showed up late, but by that time, it had been archived, so those of us still in the chat watched it again while Buggy viewed for the first time. More discussion of the beautiful and glowing Glow, and how wonderful it all was. Jkokoj and Puffy also came late and watched the archive. I finished off my bottle of champagne. It was a fabulous time.
After everyone had left the chat session, I watched the archive again. Twice. I can't stop smiling, it was so great. The way that Shawn was smiling while saying his vows, and how Glow giggled at him, I think that is my favorite part. Or maybe my favorite part is when he asked what Glow's last name was, and she looked shocked for a moment and then said Gallagher! That was so cute. And she waved at us! Yay!

I wish all the love and happiness in the world to Gloria and Shawn. Thank you for letting us all share in your special day. I only wish I could've been there in person to give you both enormous hugs and kisses. But that will happen in 2 weeks at the reception. *jumps up and down*

Glow, I love you so much and am so happy that you have become such an important part of my life. I am overjoyed at the thought of you and Shawn being together for the rest of your lives. I love you, my sweet Glowie. *wipes away tears*

8 comments:

Bravie said...

Yay!! It was wonderful sharing that experience with everyone. My favorite part was when he asked Glow her last name and she had to think. I called her as I was leaving and left a message calling her Mrs. G and telling her how it took me less time to remember her last name than it did her.
She did look beautiful and he handsome. I did watch it again when I got home from my party.
*smooch* to Jen for hosting the party. Wish I could ahve stayed longer.

mm said...

I was so happy I got to share that with you all. My DH was so nice about it, agreeing to take the kids and leave so I could be uninterrupted. I've watched it a couple times, too. Glow was just as beautiful as I thought she would be. And Shawn? Well, if he wasn't a married man I would totally lust after him. *grin*

*hands Jen another tissue*

Bravie said...

Keep your husbands away from me. I seem to have a thing for my friend's husbands. I either lust, swoon or crush after them. Good thing I'm a lesbian or I would probably not have any female friends. *grin*

Immunegirl said...

Yay!! The wedding was beautiful and I was so glad to be able to watch it with all of you. :) Thanks for setting all of this up Stah. :)

Jen said...

Well, I can't really take the credit for setting it up. It was Monsty's idea to begin with. I wish she would've been able to join us. :(

Breezy said...

Yay! It was great! Thanks for hosting the party Jen. *smooch*

Schnookie said...

It was fantastic to watch it with my friends. I watched it a couple of more times afterwards, and finally got the sound while watching it on DH's laptop YAY!

*sniffle* Soooooooooo beautiful!

Glowie said...

You are so sweet. I love you.

And FYI, I didn't hesitate because I didn't know my last name. I hesitated because I couldn't figure out why he was asking me that. heh. I thought maybe he thought he knew me from somewhere or something. So I was like, does he want my maiden name? He already knows my name now. Then it occurred to me that it was a pop quiz. *grin*