I hate to shop. I loathe it. I despise it. I abhor it. I detest it. It makes me sick to my stomach. Get the picture? Me no likey shoppy, especially for clothes. Consequently, I've been wearing the same 4 outfits for about 6 years now. That's only a small exaggeration. It's more like 6 outfits. Tonight I decided it was time to buy some new stuff. Winter's coming up and all of my sweaters are too small now, and my really fat clothes are also really ugly. More importantly my WV trip is coming up. I don't want to meet new people and feel all self conscious because of my scrubby, nasty clothes. I have enough other stuff to be self conscious of, thankyouverymuch. So, tonight I bit the bullet and set out to buy some stuff. Oh, did I mention in addition to my hatred of shopping, I also hate spending money? Hate.it. My little shopping spree? cost me $255. *faints* So much for not using my credit cards much anymore. But most everything I bought was on sale, so I feel like I got a fair amount for my money. Then again, I never shop, so what the hell do I know?
Here's what I got:
1 pair tan corduroys
1 brown zip-up sweater w/hood (30% off)
1 black/white sweater coat (30% off)(Ack! Just looked at the receipt, and it wasn't 30% off. This was the most expensive thing, but I love it.)
1 brown jacket/shirt thing (30% off)
1 pink long sleeved t-shirt (I really fucking hate pink, but the shirt was so cute and they didn't have my size in the blue)
1 black long sleeved shirt (50% off)
1 pair pajama pants (50% off, Napoleon Dynamite! HA!)
2 pair brown shoes (buy one, get one 50% off)
3 pair brown socks with blue polka dots
I think that's all. Not bad, huh? (Even if it is bad, please lie to me so that I don't return everything.)
On the bright side: NO MORE SHOPPING FOR 8 YEARS!!! WOOT! *grin*
Monday, October 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Sounds like you got some pretty good deals. But brown socks with blue polka dots? I think I would have had to pass on that. Or maybe I'm just old. *grin*
*smooch*
Sounds like you got a lot of stuff. Good job, sweetie. I went clothes shopping the other day. I'm going to have to go again because I didn't really buy work stuff. Remind me to show you my clothes when you are at my house. *snort*
Also, I bought you Napolean Dynamite lip balm but one of my dogs ate it. *pout* If I get to the mall before Friday, I'll buy you another one.
LOL Ahkie. They sound awful, but they're kind cute. They're just socks. I needed some brown ones to go with my new brown shoes and they were the only ones that were the thickness and length that I like. :)
Glowie, I bought you a little something too. I'm not gonna tell you what it is though. :) (Don't get too excited. lol)
Did you buy me a black rain resistant jacket with a hood? Cause I cannot for the life of me find one anywhere.
Alas, my psychic powers did not tell me that you wanted that. It is black though. Kind of. I think.
I love funky socks.
I am emailing you the rest of the directions today.
Pack something light too, it may get hot...
*smooch*
Oooooooh shopping...
Now I want to go shopping. Does anyone have an extra million dollars for my shopping spree??
Whadja buy me? *BIG GRIN*
Arkie: you'll be happy to know that only 1 pair of the socks has blue polka dots. I thought all three pair were, but one of them is just plain brown, and the other pair has like an argile thing going on. :)
Tara: Hot? Really? I've been checking weather.com and it says high of 68 and possibly rain. Hmm.
Bree: I'm sorry. I don't have a million dollars. Have a cookie.
Carey: I didn't buy you anything. Your b-day prezzies are already bought. *grin*
Who said birthday prezzies. I meant just because. *pout*
68 is hot
69 is hotter. *grin*
Oooooh. I like cookies.
I'll buy you something next time I go shopping, Carebear. In 2013. *grin*
COOKIES ON ME!!!!!!!
(Not quite the same effect, is it?)
Eats Jen's cookie?
*watching carey eat jens cookie*
Jen, it might say that the high is 68, but here youjsut never know. today we were in swaeters, yesterday shorts. Last year it did not snow till almost jan. the year before it snowed before halloween.
Just bring something warm, and something not so warm. LOL...
*smooch*
oh and don't cry, you have plenty of new clothes to wear, and I am sure whatever you do decide to wear will look just fine.
crossblogging since now
Do you see what watching you eat a cookie does. Look at my awful spelling in that post. sheesh...
Very nice site! »
Post a Comment