I was driving home from work today, and all of a sudden some weird indicator light that I have never seen before comes on in my car. It scared me. I didn't know if I should keep driving, or pull over and get out my owner's manual and see what the hell it was, or just ignore it. I figured even if I did pull over and it said that the light meant my car was about to blow up, there would be nothing I could do anyhow because I don't have a cell phone. And I was only about 10 minutes from home anyhow. So, I arrived home safely, after driving in a panic and looking down every 3 seonds to see if the light was still on. (It was.) I got out my owner's manual, and this is what it is:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp
This indicator should light when the ignition switch is ON and go out after the engine starts. If it comes on at any other time, it indicates one of the engine's emissions control systems may have a problem. It can reduce your fuel economy and cause your car to put out excessive emissions. Continued operation may cause serious damage.
Eek! I don't like that at all. So, I have to call up tomorrow and get an appointment to have it checked out. And several things better happen, or I will throw a fit.
1. They better have an appointment right away.
2. It better be easily and quickly fixed.
3. It better be done by this weekend so that I can go see Glowie.
4. It better be covered by my warranty and not cost me any money.
If I have to cancel another trip, I will go apeshit. If I believed in God, I would curse him right now. But I don't, so I won't. I'll just chalk this up to my shitass luck. *pout* *sigh*
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
This is because you gave away Bunkers. Just sayin. It's not good to dump me. I cast spells.
*smooch*
I hope all of those things on the list work out. *grin*
Tighten your gas cap. Yup. I bet the light goes off.
Carey, if I believed in spells, I would be cursing you right now. But I don't, so I won't. I will give you an *evil eye* though.
Breezy, yes, that's what the manual says can be a cause, but I hadn't gotten gas anytime recently so it had no reason to be untightened. I did get gas last night (after the light had already come on) and it was still tight. The light is still on today.
I just called up to get the appt. and the guys said "Ok, I can get you in next week." Ack! No! I whined and told him I needed to go out of town this weekend and didn't want to drive with this light on, so he said I could bring it in tomorrow morning and they would give me a loaner car for the day and fit it in when they could.
My light is always on. Always. Has been since Phil got sideswiped and put a little ding in the door where the gas cap is. He keeps saying he'll get me a new gas cap so the light goes off. *sigh* Still waiting.
You don't love me. You don't want to see me.
I hope it's something as simple as that Breezy. I just want to make sure. I don't want to drive 300 miles without a cell phone with that effing light on. I would probably have an aneurism. (sp?)
Glow? shut up. You know I love you big, and can't wait to see you again. Plus, if I don't come I wouldn't get my gelati. That would be unacceptable. *grin*
I hope it's something simple too. *smooch*
You need a cell phone for traveling. Get one!
My mom usually makes me take hers when I go on trips. I don't have any money to get one of my own. Heh.
OMG! When I went into my inbox and clicked on the link I got here! All this time I've been using the link I have in favorites and it's only brought me to the first and only entry I've been able to see. LOL! I even commented that I hoped you were feeling better on that old post!
LOL, MM. You goof.
I am feeling better, btw. Thanks! *grin*
So, did Glow fall for your excuse?
So if they are giving you a loaner car, does that mean your car is still under warranty? Or will you not know until they know what's wrong?
*crossing fingers that it is a simple problem*
Post a Comment