Monday, October 31, 2005

Adam. Corolla. Adam. Corolla.

This past weekend I traveled to Pittsburgh to visit everyone's favorite Glow. It was a nice weekend. Relaxing and hanging out with Glowie and Shawn. Well, Shawn spent a lot of time upstairs (he thinks I smell) but when he was around it was nice hanging out with him. He cooked us this amazing dinner on Saturday night. It was like eleventeen courses. Salad, baked potato, stuffed mushrooms, broccoli and cauliflower, honey wheat rolls, fish and steak. I didn't eat the fish or mushrooms, which I felt bad about, but me no likey. Everything else was wonderful though. Especially the rolls. They are my new favorite thing. I'm going to tell my mom that if she doesn't get me these honey wheat rolls for Thanksgiving, I'm not coming!
We were considering going on a haunted hay ride that night, but decided against it. It was $10/person and the place looked a little skeevy. Heh. It just would've sucked to spend that much money and have it be lame. So instead we just hung around the house, watched movies and some episodes of My So-Called Life, and I helped Glowie do her reception invitations.
Sunday was very lazy. We woke up and Glowie cooked another fabulous meal. Scrambled eggs (without mushrooms for me), bacon, potato wedges, and english muffins. Mmm! We worked some more on the invitations and watched a Trading Spaces marathon on TLC. Oh. my. word. If I have to hear the commercial for the Adam Corolla Project ever again I think I may go completely ballistic. Let's see. I think we watched about 5 hours of TLC. So, say they take 4 commercial breaks every hour. They play the Adam Corolla Project commercial every time. So I had to hear "Adam. Corolla. Adam. Corolla." about 20 times. It may have even been more than that because they probably played it twice per break sometimes. Ugh. If you've never seen the commercial, then you don't know what I'm talking about, but trust me- it's the most annoying thing ever. Times 20.
Once I couldn't take any more TLC, and it was getting late, I headed home.

Thanks Glowie and Shawn for a great weekend. Love you, Glow! *smooch*

Oh, and this weekend she visits me. I will not be cooking fabulous meals and I have a tiny tv with no surround sound and only 70 channels. Hopefully Jared Leto will make up for my shortcomings. *grin*

15 comments:

Bravie said...

Sounds like a good time. Shawn is a very good cook,, isn't he.
Glad you had a good time. *smooches*
I'm not at all gellus. *pout*

mm said...

Aww, sounds like a good time. I'm not gellus either. *pout*

I'll have to keep an eye out for that Adam Corrola commercial, now.

Jen said...

KC- Yes, Shawn is a great cook, as is Glowie. I could never make meals like those.

MM- Just watch TLC for about 5 minutes. I'm sure you'll see it. LOL.

Jen said...

Oh, I forgot to mention... Shawn flexed for us and we felt his biceps. I think I may have swooned a bit. *giggle*

Syren said...

Ummm...hello...I woulda liked to have met you.

Glad you had a great weekend.

*smooch*

Jen said...

Tara, we will definitely meet up sometime. Don't you worry about that. I hope you can come to Glow's reception! If not, we will have to plan something else. Too bad it's getting to be crappy travel weather. :(

*smooch*

Breezy said...

Who's Adam and why do I care that he drives a Corella?

*smooch* Glad you had a nice visit.

Glowie said...

Jen is wonderful. I love her very muchly. She helped greatly with those stinkin invitations. Shawn is a good cook and his biceps are quite swoon worthy. I can cook breakfast pretty okay. You, Jen, don't have to worry about cooking. I will probably be too excited to eat on Saturday. Sunday we can wake up at noon and order a pizza or something. *grin*

*smooch* Love you.

Anonymous said...

Adam. Corolla.

*grin* Sounds like y'all had a great time! And I'm not gellus. Much.

Glowie said...

Your blog is still showing me Wenty.

Jen said...

Is it fixed now? I see Jake. But still seeing Wenty wouldn't be all that bad. *grin*

I'm going to dream Jakey dreams now. *smooch*

Glowie said...

I see Jake now. *grin*

*smooch*

Bravie said...

why were you pissy today?

Jen said...

I'm not sure why I was pissy. I just was. There wasn't really a reason for it. I just felt angry and felt like pissing people off. Thus, my actions in your blog. LOL. *swalt*

(Why did you ask that here, you goof?)

Glowie said...

2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!