Sunday, March 04, 2007

What have I done??

I don't know what possessed me to think it was a good idea to re-arrange my cd case. My bed is now covered in cds, and I don't know how to start putting them back. The perfectionist in me wants to alphabetize. But then whenever I get a new cd, I would have to move them all around to make room in the proper place. I could go back to my old system of putting them in a general order of how much I listen to them. New cds up front, old ones in back. But that just doesn't seem organized enough. Maybe I could break them up into older and newer, and then alphabetize those sections separately. Ahhhh! Why did I start this?

Do you have a cd case? How do you organize it? Or do you just throw cds in there willy-nilly? <--- *shudders at the thought*

I don't have as many cds as I thought I did. When they're all spread out on my bed it looks like a million of them. But my cd case only holds 200 cds and I know I don't have enough to fill it up. I'm curious to see exactly how many I have. I will count them once I have them all put away.

I also now have a stack of cd booklets about 6" tall. I used to put the booklet on the other side of the sleeve behind the corresponding cd. But then I started running out of room, so I started to take some of the older ones out. Today I took them all out. I rarely look at the booklets anymore, especially for my older cds. My new ones I look at for the lyrics, if they have them. Anyway, the cases must still be at my mom's house. I want to go get them so I can put them away. I don't like having booklets with no homes.

So, yeah. Why did I think this was a good idea? Guess I better get back to it. Once I figure out my organizational plan, that is.

UPDATE: (2.5 hours later)
I'm done! Whew! I can't believe I spent over 3 hours organizing my cds. LOL. I ended up doing them alphabetically, but I left a blank space every few pages so that I would only have to re-arrange small sections when I get new cds. We'll see how that works for me. I think it will have to be good enough, 'cause I'm not re-re-organizing any time soon. Heh.

Final cd count: 181
Number of embarrassing cds owned: I'm not telling.
Award for most cds owned goes to:
311, coming in with an impressive 13 cds!
Runner-up: Korn, with a not-too-shabby 9 cds.
Honorable mentions: Incubus (7) and Stone Temple Pilots (5).

7 comments:

Bravie said...

We do our CDs and DVDs alphabetically. We also leave spaces for new entries. *grin*
You were productive today. Me not so much. It's been a day of kicking back.
We were going to go on a bike ride until we realized that Michelle's back tire needs to be replaced. So she washed her car while I did laundry and not much of anything else. Lazy bums.

~Nutz said...

I don't use a cd case because I'm so anal that they MUST stay in their original package! :D

arkie said...

*rearranges Jen's CD's*

Glowie said...

I do alphabetically when I do it. however... I am so disorganized lately that I make myself sick. The DVDs are in pretty good shape but the CDs are a lost cause, I fear. Remind me to show them to you. ummm. I have more than 200.

frodis said...

My CDs are all in the basement in the old entertainment center. I have a 200-disc CD changer so I used to keep them all in there. I, too, have more than 200 discs, and sadly, lots of them are complete crap. (Yay, used CD store in college!)

I sucked the ones I like into iTunes and use that instead of the actual discs now. I haven't bought a CD in a very long time.

My DVDs are a mess.

Debcapsfan said...

I didn't even know Incubus had 7 CDs. I have two of them.

Jen said...

Well, they only really have 5 cds. The other 2 I have are bonus discs or something.

If you don't have "A Crow Left of the Murder" you should get it. I think it's my favorite. :)