Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This 'n' That

* I'm sick of winter already. We've had snow like 4 days out of the past 7. I don't like cleaning off my car. I don't like my feet always being cold. I don't like ice; either for walking on or driving on. I don't like it being pitch black when I leave work at 5:30. I don't mind the cold so much, I just don't want the snow. Make it go away! It's too early for this shizz. *sigh* Such a depressing time of year.

* Related to above, I need some boots. I've been saying that I'm going to get some winter boots for like 5 years now, but I hate shopping so much that I never get them. I also need some warmer clothes. Looks like it's time for the 2nd of my bi-annual shopping trips. Blah.

* Also related to above, I'm wearing slippers at work today. Once I walk through snow, my feet never warm up. I have a heater under my desk, but even that doesn't help. So today I decided to wear my Happy Bunny slippers that Glow bought for me. My feet are nice and toasty.

* Our new office building is finally being built. We've been in this "temporary" office for almost exactly a year now. I'm excited to see the new place once it's all done. It's amazing how fast they get stuff done. Well, sometimes. It took weeks and weeks of moving dirt and leveling the ground. Seemed like they did the same thing every day. Move dirt, level it out. Make new piles, level them out. Drive back and forth endlessly. But once that was done, they put up all the framework in like a week. Now there's a roof and they've started putting up that white board stuff. I don't know what it is. But it's fun watching it all come together. I don't envy those poor men working out in the cold though. That's gotta suck a big one. :(

* Do any of you play computer games? I've been doing that a lot lately. I even bought one, which I said I would never do. $20 seemed way to much to spend on a game download, but I found a site that was having a 50% off sale so I bought Cake Mania 3. I looooove Cake Mania. It's highly addicting. I seem to really love games in the restaurant industry, because I also got hooked on playing a game called Delicious, which is basically the same thing. You have customers who order food (or cakes) and you have to make it and then deliver it to them and collect their money. I don't know why, but it's extremely fun.

* Pushing Daisies is on tonight, and if you don't already watch it, I'm begging you to do so tonight. I love this show so much. It's by far one of the most original and creative shows in a long time and it's in danger of being canceled. *sob* Not only will I miss the show terribly, but I can't imagine not having Lee Pace on my tv every week. I've always had a crush on him (and his character Ned) but ever since I heard that the show might be cut short, I've been obsessing over him. He's so amazing. *sigh*



And he makes one damn fine woman.

Ever see the movie Soldier's Girl? If not, I demand that you rent it. (Warning: tragic love story that will make you cry with anger and sadness.) Anyway, I had seen this movie years ago and I remember being shocked when I learned that the role of Calpernia Adams, a transgendered woman, was not really played by a transsexual. It was played by a man named Lee Pace. At the time, Soldier's Girl had been his only major role, so I didn't know who he was and I never thought about it again. Until I was reading some articles about him recently and it mentioned this role. What?! I didn't even realize it was Lee. He was so brilliant in that role, it just shocks me that I never put 2 and 2 together. So of course I had to rent it again, and wow. It's absolutely amazing. Rent it. And watch Pushing Daisies! Tonight! PLEAAAAAAASE!!


Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, could you also sign this petition? It only takes a second. Thank you! *smooches* http://www.petitiononline.com/daisies/petition.html

8 comments:

Seana said...

Ack! I didn't realise that Pushing Daisies was potentially on the chopping block. I really enjoyed last season. As you say, it was really innovative. I'll have to check what time it's on here.

Thanks for the reminder!

kim (weltek) said...

I also hate winter, but we've been lucky in the snow department so far and have little. I bought new warm, waterproof boots with good tread last year. They aren't AT ALL fashionable, but they were $30 through sportsman's guide and are awesome to slip on and off.

Cake Mania looks very fun. When I'm done with school I think I need some computer games.

I am not a Pushing Daisies fan. Chris watched it last season, but last night said, "it's really losing me" and changed the station.

Glowie said...

I jinxed Pittsburgh yesterday when we were talking about accumulation. We're supposed to get like six inches tomorrow (that's what she said).

I already told you. Sketchers.

Yay! I'm glad you're getting use out of those slippers. They're adorable. I don't wear mine that often. I tend to just walk around in socks.

The framework goes up fast. They'll slow down again. The levelling is the hard part though. Were you talking about drywall?

I can't get addicted to games. I've even tried to before.

I'm sorry about your show. I know how much that sucks. I'm sorry I didn't watch it last night but we were out (as you know). I will add Soldier's Girl to the queue (of over 100).

*smooch*

Glowie said...

Unless you're talking actual snow boots. I don't have any suggestions there. :)

Jen said...

Seana- Bad news, it's not looking good for PD. Last night's ratings were really bad. :(

Kim- Those are exactly the type of boots I want. Especially the tread part, for I am forever slipping all over the place and occasionally landing on my ass.
And if Chris turned off PD before the end last night, he missed the best part. I was bawling! *sigh*

Glow- Ha! The only thing I laugh at on The Office these days are the "that's what she said" jokes. They never get old!

Anonymous said...

I commented this week to my grocery boy that the only thing cold weather is good for is snow. And I really don't want either. I don't like it below 80.

No computer games for me unless you count OT and Blogland.

I have not watched that Daisy show. I will give it another season adn then catch up on Netflix.

That white board stuff is called drywall. *grin*

Breezy said...

Go buy boots! I bought a pair at Target, they keep my toes toasty warm all the way to work. I love them.

Jen said...

I was mistaken. The white stuff I was talking about isn't actually boards (aka drywall), it's Tyvek home wrap.