Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Uppercase Living

My sister recently became a demonstrator for a company called Uppercase Living. Yeah, it's one of those annoying companies that have people hold home parties where you feel like you're obligated to buy stuff. LOL. So I had to buy something, especially since it's my sister. But I actually really like what I got. Oh, I guess I should explain (since I don't think it's a well known company) they sell vinyl decals to decorate your home. They stick to walls, glass, wood... pretty much anything and they come in all sorts of different phrases, designs and colors.

So this is what I put in my dining room. It's probably hard to tell with my crappy cell phone pics, but the background decal is silver and the writing is purple. Of course. I had get something in my favorite colors! And I like that it looks sort of Asian-y since I have a lot of that type of stuff in my place.



I had been looking for something to put in the middle of these mirrors, so it worked out well.

(Yes, I know that one mirror is crooked. I fixed it. See below. *grin*)




Ignore the messy filing cabinet and the fact that the table isn't centered under the mirrors. You can't see it, but the door to my kitchen is right by the filing cabinet, so the table has to be pushed back so there is room to walk. :)


Anyhoo... I don't want this to feel like some sales pitch, but I thought some of you crafty types might be interested in this, so if you would like my sister's website where you can see the stuff they offer, just let me know and I'll PM or email it to you. I don't want to put the link here because the site has all her personal contact info on it.

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I've recently seen this stuff pop up. Pretty cool way to decorate. I like what you did!

MM said...

Oh how cute! Once upon a time I actually liked decorating and making things look all put together. Now? Not so much. :(

I really like how that all looks, Jen. Nice choice.

Bravie said...

*stares at the filing cabinet*
Those are cool decals, very cute.

Swami said...

You found the perfect decal for that spot! It looks very cool.

I am not that into putting writen words up on my walls. I may have been beaten for doing that as a child. They do this all the time on HGTV, especially Candace and Vern.

Puffy said...

Very pretty. I like the colors. I used to have something like decals on the window of my old front door that looked like stained glass.

Breezy said...

Pretty, I was invited to one of those parties awhile ago.

Glowie said...

It looks really nice!

I definitely want to get something... at some point.