Saturday, April 07, 2007

The things I do for beauty

I just had a placenta on my head.

*waits for everyone to go and vomit*

More precisely, I had animal placenta extract on my head. I just used this deep conditioning treatment, creatively named Henna 'n Placenta. Seriously. Now, if I were a marketing pro, I'd try my hardest to keep the word placenta out of my product name, but that's just me.

Anyway. My hair is really soft now. Anyone wanna touch it? *gigglesnort*

49 comments:

Zombs said...

It's like yolk of an egg on your head.

*wonders how many placentas they need for one bottle*

Zombs said...

I'm waiting for DH to get back with our Chinese. Then we have to get the EAster stuff done. Kids left out the carrots and celery already and are in bed.

Zombs said...

I'm gonna eat some candy tonight!

Zombs said...

It's nice being the first comment ona blog. Nowadays I am usually last.

Zombs said...

I just like to give you e-mails.

Zombs said...

If I had that bottle of shampoo and I still worked in my office and I was pregnant I would stand in the lunch room and squirt some when no one was looking and then yell...My PLacenta!

Jen said...

Thanks! I like getting emails. :)

Jen said...

LMAO

Zombs said...

Did I ever tell you when I had my second kid(the boy) that my uterus lining was really stretched very thin? It was paper thin. Could be because the kid was 11 pounds.

Zombs said...

*hopes Frodis' kid si not that much*

Jen said...

I think my hair still smells like placenta.

Jen said...

Not that I know what that smells like.

Zombs said...

You smell very placentaly.

Jen said...

11 pounds?!
*faints*

Jen said...

I'm waiting for my eggs to boil so I can devil them.

Jen said...

They're taking a really long time.

Jen said...

I like to give myself emails, too. As you can see.

Zombs said...

Oooh draw little devil horns on them!

Zombs said...

Add some onion and paprika. It is heavenly. Hee. Get it?

Jen said...

Huh? You want me to make heavenly eggs?

Jen said...

Should I mix in some placenta?

*just grossed myself out*

mm said...

LMAO @ you two. Silly girls. FTR, I dislike both devil-ed eggs *and* placenta talk. *vomits*

arkie said...

Eewwwwwww! I am so thankful that my hair is naturally soft so I don't have to resort to such disgusting lengths for that condition. *vomit*

arkie said...

And WTF was the marketing team thinking??? Maybe they're on to something. After all, the word "placenta" didn't deter you from buying the product.

Aislinn Sirk said...

I was thinking about telling you guys a placenta story, but you probebly think my family is insane already.

Let's just say, you only want to eat well labelled things out of our freezer.

Jen said...

Arkie, if I weren't poor, the placenta probably would have deterred me. But it was only $2, and the V-05 stuff was like $5-6.

Bob? I'm skeered. I don't think I want to know, yet I'm oddly curious.

momma said...

Oh. Ew. That just sounds gross. But, then again, animals and Tom Cruise eat the stuff, so putting it on your hair isn't so bad by comparison.

kim (weltek) said...

LOL-labels may be my favorite thing about new blogger.

I always see that stuff, but can't bring myself to try it. Luckily, my hair really doesn't need deep conditioning anymore. After the age of 22, my hair isn't dry anymore.

Glowie said...

*makes icky face*

Bravie said...

I got a sample packet of this stuff and wondered about it. so now I think i will give it a try. *grin*

Jen said...

Please do, Carey. I don't want to be the only placenta-head around here.

Breezy said...

Is it still soft?

Jen said...

It's not as soft as it was, but it's still softer than my hair usually is.

Zombs said...

Oh Jen you alwasy wear your placenta on your sleeve. That is one of the things I like most about you.

Puffy said...

Frodis might be able to find a new side business out of selling placentas.

frodis said...

It's a thought, Puffy, but to my knowledge, I only have one, which I plan to keep in Bob's freezer.

HistoryDetective said...

I think you look fine without the placenta, personally.

Swami said...

Placentas look kind of like liver, yet no one puts liver on their hair. Well, I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps catching up was not a good idea.

And here I was thinking about a hot oil treatment tonight.

Anonymous said...

Did you get an email from me?

Jen said...

Yes, Boo. I sure did. *grin*

I need to send you a PM, but my brain isn't working today. Maybe tomorrow.
*smooch*

~Nutz said...

Ew.

~Nutz said...

Ew.

~Nutz said...

Ew.

~Nutz said...

*grin* :D

Anonymous said...

*waits*

Hopefully you're not going to cancel.

Seana said...

OMG that's too funny. You have all cracked me most definitely up.

Seana said...

One email doesn't seem like enough when zombie and Nutz sent so many.

arkie said...

OK, I think we have all had ample time to vomit. Please, if nothing else, post a picture of one of your crushes as a new post.

*kicksmooch*