Thursday, April 05, 2007

Any coupon WORKS!

Kim posted about the spongmonkeys over in her blog, and it seems a few of you don't know what they are. So I submit for your enjoyment, one of their Quiznos commercials.

Yes, they are scary. Yes, they make you say "WTF is that thing?!" Yes, they are hilarious.



I've been reading your blogs, but haven't been posting much. I'm very grumpy lately, and didn't want to take it out on anyone else. So I've just been keeping to myself for the most part.

I have tomorrow off work. Yay! I have to go to the grocery store for a quick trip. I need to buy eggs for the deviled eggs I'm supposed to make for Easter. How do you make deviled eggs? I've made them a couple times, but they never taste as good as my mom's. Maybe I need a new recipe.

I have a crush on a guy who works at a convenience store by my house. I keep going in there to buy bottles of water or a 2 liter or beer. I spent my last dollar there the other day and he wasn't even the one who rang me up. I was pissed. LOL. His name is Ben and he kind of looks like a jack-o-lantern. *snort*
It's fun to have a crush. It gives me something to look forward to, every morning when I drive to work and when I come home I look to see if his car is there. It's silly, but it makes me smile, if only for a minute.

I need a new hairstyle. My hair is getting way too long. I'll probably just go and get a few inches taken off. I don't think I'm even going to get layers like I always do. Boooo-ring. I don't know what else to do though.

On Tuesday I wore a t-shirt and capris. It was 80 degrees. Today we had about 4 inches of snow. It's in the 20's. *sigh*

I had another weird dream the other night. This one starred Zombie and involved her flinging bits of dead jellyfish at me. I'm not even going to try to explain. *snort*

I think that's all I got for now. I hope you all have a Happy Easter! *smooches*

25 comments:

Bravie said...

*smooch* I hope you have a good Easter. Good luck with the eggs. I have no recipe for them though. But feel free to send me some. Cuz I like them lots.

kim (weltek) said...

I enjoyed this post very much. :-)

*giggle* You are right, they do it everytime! *giggles again*

Mine never taste as good as they used to. I think I use too much mayo. We just use mayo, mustard and sugar and sprinkle paprika on top. I'm a deviled egg purist. Not a fan of all the extra things added in. I have to make cream puffs for Saturday. Special request from my sister's in-laws. Pbbbbt. I gave her the recipe. She should make them.

I love crushes and miss them a bit. Catching a glimpse of the crush or talking to him gives such a rush.

mm said...

Thanks for the spongmonkey explanation. I was one who had no idea, lol!

I miss those kinds of crushes! How fun. I need to take a walk around my neighborhood and see if there are any crush-worthy guys nearby. ;-)

I have a boring hair-do. I literally wash and go. Long, straight, boring hair. *sigh*

Enjoy the day off, Jen! *smooch*

Jen said...

Carey- I really don't think eggs would travel well. *barf*

Kim, did you ever see the other commercial where he says "they are so good we'd eat them raw, but eating raw subs is barbaric!" OMG, cracks me up. :)
That's how I make the deviled eggs too. I guess I just don't use the right ratios of the mayo and mustard.
A rush. Yes, that's the perfect word to describe it.

MM- I pretty much have a wash and go hairdo too, except I add in the step of blow drying because my hair is wavy gross if I don't blow dry it straight. I wouldn't want anything complicated. I have never really "done" my hair. I don't even own a curling iron or hairspray.

~Nutz said...

*runs into blog*

*throws javelin*

*steps aside for the next person*

*smooch*

Jen said...

*gets impaled by javelin*
*dies*

Glowie said...

I can't play videos at work. For once, I am happy about that. *shudder* Not funny.

4 inches of snow? ew. You're not passing it this way are you? *glare*

jack-o-lantern

heh. You make me smile so much.

kim (weltek) said...

I never saw the barbaric raw saw one! *snort*

Breezy said...

I sprinkle Lawry's seasoned salt on mine. mmmmmm

Hoppy Easter!

Jen said...

Glow! They are so funny! *kick*
I wonder what he would look like with candy corn in between his gaps. *gigglesnort*

Kim! Click here!

Breezy! Hoppy Easter!

frodis said...

I think deviled eggs are kind of a personal taste thing. I've never seen two recipes that are alike.

My family and family-in-law like mine. I put in mayo, mustard, white pepper, a little salt, and horseradish. The horseradish is barely detectible but gives them a nice zing. Smoked paprika on top. I actually have two little Rubbermaid containers specifically designed for tranporting deviled eggs.

If I have it on hand, I also use white worcestershire sauce, but it can be hard to find.

I love spongemonkeys.

~Nutz said...

*calls ambulance for Jen*

Don't leave me yet!!!

mm said...

I blow dry mine too, so I guess it's not technically "wash and go", lol. It's just so much less effort than other people seem to make.

Jen said...

Horseradish and worcestershire sauce? *scrunches up nose*

I can't hear worcestershire sauce without thinking of that South Park Halloween episode.
"Thank you for calling the worcestershire sauce hotline. For recipes, press 1. If worcestershire sauce has been used as embalming fluid, press 2."
*snort*

*throws a discus at Nutzzzzzz*

Jen said...

I was burned by a curling iron when I was little, so I'm kind of afraid of them. That, and I wouldn't have the foggiest idea what to do with it. lol!

kim (weltek) said...

LOL! "We are not the Huns"

momma said...

*grump, grump, grump*

Devilled eggs....boil them, cut them in half, mush the yellow with a fork, add mayo or miracle whip, stir until it's kinda fluffy like and then spoon into the halves of the eggs. Top with a sprinkle of paprika.

Coloring the eggs is much more fun, you know.

Jen said...

*giggles with Kim*

Momma, I was specifically told my my momma (heh) that I am not allowed to use Miracle Whip. Pffft. I like it so much better than regular mayo and it has less fat, but she claims that it tastes like metal. *rolls eyes*

I'm really craving deviled eggs now.

Jen said...

*by my momma

Glowie said...

I make mine the same way momma does except I put a teensy bit of mustard in (I hate mustard). oh and I use mayo. Miracle Whip is poopy.

Zombs said...

Ha! We seem to post about the same things a lot.

I miss having those crushes too! They do give you something to look forward to. *smooch*

I was throwing jelly fish at you because you were making a peanut butter sammich. Duh.

Swami said...

Like Glowie says - Miracle Whip is poopy.

I mash the egg yolks with mayo, just a dash mustard and maybe a Tbsp of sweet pickle relish (for 6 eggs). Normally I don't like pickle relish but in the devilled eggs it adds a really nice bit of flavor. Try it!

Puffy said...

I bought eggs yesterday. The store was selling eggs ALREADY COLORED pink, green, yellow, and blue, for Easter.

I didn't know what a spongemonkey was, either. How annoying.

I never heard of white worchestire sauce. I don't like deviled eggs.

Swami said...

*one ups Puffy*

I have a neighbor with "exotic chickens" for her (stupid) hobby. Some of these chickens lay eggs that are naturally pale blue or pale sage green. And no, I am not her list of people good enough to receive any of these eggs at Eastertime.

Monstah said...

You make me laugh! Happy Easter to you!

I am sure your hair will be fine. Haircuts feel sooooo good in the shower for the first few days.

xxx ooo