Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Intristing...

I’m still hardcore crushing on Matt Johnston from the show It Takes A Thief. I love him. I love that show. But that’s not what this post is about. Matt has a very, very slight southern accent. (He grew up in Oklahoma, and now lives in Texas when they’re not taping the show in New York.) I never even really noticed his accent before, but now that I’ve picked up on it I try and pay more attention because I think it’s cute. :) I’ve noticed that he pronounces a couple words differently than I do, and I thought I would poll you guys and see how you say these words.

Interesting. I pronounce this in-tris-ting. 3 syllables. Matt says it like it is spelled. In-ter-es-ting, 4 syllables. My mom says it like I do, but my boss says it like Matt does.

Empty. I say emp-ty. Matt says imp-ty.

Vehicle. I say ve-ickle. Matt sometimes says it that way, but I’ve also heard him say ve-hickle, with the hard H. That makes me giggle.

Differently. I just noticed that this could be another one. I have no idea how Matt pronounces this, but based on the interesting thing, I would imagine he would pronounce each syllable. I say diff-rint-ly.

Your turn. And feel free to add other words that you notice people pronounce diffrintly. :)


My current favorite pic of him. Isn't he cute? *le sigh*

31 comments:

mm said...

He's adorable!

I say everything like you do. :)

My mother? *rolls eyes* She says;

Differnt, instead of DifferEnt. Drives me nuts.

Anonymous said...

*clicks on Show Original Post*

Interesting: I say it both ways. Most of the time I say it in-tris-ting, but there are times when I say "Very In-ter-es-ting" and I actually say veddy for very.

I say Vehichle with the hard h.

I say diff-rint-ly.

I say imp-ty.

What does all of this mean?

mm said...

It means we are cute, like whathisname. Right?

Jen said...

That would drive me nuts too, MM.

Heh. It doesn't mean anything, Booboo. I was just bored and curious. :)

Jen said...

Yes, that too, MM. :)
*smooch*

Jen said...

See how fast I respond? Email comments, baby. *grin*

But I have to do a project now. *sigh*
You all have fun while I'm gone. ;-)

mtw said...

Well, all of you ARE dang cute! ;-)

*smooches all around*

mtw said...

*hopes Jen responds* ;-)

mm said...

*in awe over how quickly Jen responds*

*except to MTW*

*giggle*

Jen said...

Well, I don't get your comments emailed to me, dork. :P

Jen said...

Ok. Now I look like a dork. Mark's email comments didn't show up, so I thought you were talking about the comment he left in your blog. LMAO

Jen said...

I make no freaking sense today. I think the lack of sleep is catching up with me and making me an idiot.

Jen said...

His emails have still not come, btw. But all of mine have. *head tilt*

mm said...

Oooh! Maybe he doesn't exist! Now we're on to him!

Jen said...

Who doesn't exist? *wink*

mm said...

*snort*

I dunno.

mtw said...

MTW <-- wishes he existed.

mm said...

Weird, your blog says 17 comments but I only see 14. *head tilt*

Swami said...

I like Jon better. Their show is taping for me right now.

I say in-ter-es-ting.
I say emp-ty.
I say ve-hicle.
I say dif-fer-ent-ly.
I say of-ten. With a 't'.
I have no ac-cent.

Bravie said...

I'm a pronouncer of all syllables. *grin*
One thing that Michelle does that for some reason cracks me up is she emphasizes the G in words ending in ing.

Jen said...

You're right, MM! My blog must be broken. Damn Blogger. ;-)

Swami- I love Jon too, but not in the same way. I LOL every time he says "youse guys". *snort*
I say offen. And I don't have an accent either. *grin*

That's funny, Carebear. I never noticed that when Michelle talked.

Bravie said...

You don't have an accent, Jen but you draw out certain words when you speak. And sometimes you do have a midwestern thing going on. So I guess, to a Californian, you DO have an accent of sorts. *grin*

Anonymous said...

I'm sure ya'll would think I have an accent. And whenever I go further down south, I just pick it up.

Anonymous said...

Next time you're bored, how about some links.

Anonymous said...

Or I could just continue to use Bravie. She's the center of blogland, you know.

Anonymous said...

Conner just notice MM's avatar and squealed. He is an M&M freak.

Anonymous said...

*wonders if Jen is getting my messages*

Anonymous said...

You know, weltek and I are looking for a team name.

Jen said...

Really Carey? What words do I draw out?

Boo, judging by your use of the word ya'll, I bet I would think you have an accent. LOL.
I use Carey's blog for links, too. So I don't feel the need to add them to my blog.
I have been trying to think of names for you and Weltek, but all the ones I think of are so stupid! Want proof? One of the first ones I came up with was Beer & Burbin. *snort*

mtw said...

*runs naked through blog*
*knows the lady peeps can't see me*
*grin*

Jen said...

I'm on my home computer now. I got that comment right away. *grin*

*checks out MTW's ass*