Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Even more routines!

Ok, so we've gone through our routines for brushing our teeth and getting dressed. How about a couple more? (I'm bored.) :)

What is your shower routine? How long does it take you? Do you have a shower curtain, or doors?

1. I turn on the water and let it get to the temp I want before stepping in. My shower is very fickle. I have to turn the hot water all the way on, and just barely turn the cold on in order to have a warm shower.
2. I wet down my hair and apply shampoo.
3. Wash face.
4. Shave right leg and armpit
5. Rinse shampoo
6. Apply conditioner
7. Shave left leg and armpit
8. Wash body (bar soap and washcloth)
9. Rinse conditioner
10. Rinse body

It takes me about 10 minutes in the shower if I'm not shaving, 20 if I am. I have a purple shower curtain liner, and a clear outer curtain that is supposed to look like rice paper.

And for the ladies, what is your daily makeup routine? (MTW and HD are welcome to participate too, if applicable. *grin*)

1. Chapstick, right after shower
2. Moisturize
3. Apply concealer, if neccesary (I have had so many pimples lately! It must be this stupid medicine. Grrr.)
4. Apply BM foundation
5. Apply BM mineral veil
6. Apply blush
7. Curl eyelashes
8. Apply eyeshadow
9. Apply eyeliner (optional)
10. Apply mascara
11. Smooth brows and apply brow powder (I actually just use a brown eyeshadow to fill in my brows)
12. Apply lip color (optional) or another coat of chapstick.

My make-up routine takes about 15 minutes, depending on how much care and effort I'm putting in to it. I love doing my makeup.

25 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Shower:
We have a large, multi jet, tiled, walk-in shower. We have to get a custom door made, so for now it has a shower curtain at the door.

1. go to the bathroom for my morning pee
2. then take off jammies
3. let the shower run while I shake out cat food and refill cat water in our bathroom
4. Hop in shower, soak hair.
5. Wash, rinse, condition
6. Body wash with gel & shower pouf thing (netted)
7. Wash face
8. Rinse conditioner
9. Exit shower

If it's a leg shaving day, it would go after 6. I don't really have a shaving routine.

kim (weltek) said...

Makeup:
I have most of my makeup sitting in a bag and a plastic holder by my sink.

1. apply concealer to any noticable zits and under eyes
2. apply liquid foundation
3. Go back and cover any zits still noticable
4. Apply eyeshadow. Light color on all, darker on lid, highlight on crease
5. Apply eyeliner, top & bottom
6. Apply pressed powder
7. Apply mascara, use eye brush thing on brows to get rid of any powder residue
8. Apply lipstick
9. Apply blush or bronzer

kim (weltek) said...

Me again! I forgot to say that my shower takes between 8-15 minutes (longer for shaving days).

Makeup takes me 5 minutes.

Jen said...

I do my makeup sitting at my vanity table. I bought it from someone in my apartment, best $15 I ever spent!

It only takes you 5 minutes to do your makeup? Wow!

frodis said...

I missed the other discussions, but I can hop in to this one.

We have a walk-in shower with glass doors in the bathroom attached to the bedroom (the pink bathroom) but that shower has been out of commission for over a year because the drain isn't fitted properly and leaks into the utility closet below. (Stupid pink bathroom.)

The main bathroom is a tub/shower combo with a beige shower liner, and a natural-linen colored shower curtain with dragonflies on it. There are two shower heads - one that is fixed in place and one that can be taken down and moved around. They can both be on at once, but I rarely do that.

1. Turn on water and let it heat to proper temp.
2. Step in, wet hair, let hot water run down back for a long time.
3. Apply shower gel to pouf and scrub down
4. Rinse
5. Shampoo hair, rinse. Sometimes I repeat with a special shampoo for psoriasis, which I occasionally have (mainly on my scalp.) Rinse again.
6. Condition and rinse quickly. Too much conditioner makes my hair look awful.
7. If it's a shaving day, shave pits (right then left) then legs (right then left.)
8. Stand in the hot water until I start to think that maybe I've been in the shower too long.

It takes maybe 10-15 minutes, depending on how long I spend just standing in the hot water.

Makeup:
1. Comb wet hair back and secure with headband (I dry after makeup.)
2. Apply moisturizer
3. Apply BM foundation as a concealer on trouble spots
4. Apply BM foundation all over
5. Apply BM Warmth
6. Apply eyeshadow (some days this is just a bit of color swept over the eyelid, some days I do the whole liner, shadow, crease highlight thing.

Then, I dry my hair and touch up the makeup afterward.

Bravie said...

1. I bring the temp up before I get in. I like a scorching hot shower.
2. I stand facing the shower and fill my mouth with water. No idea why.
3. then wet down and apply shampoo. I must face the shower head when applying shampoo. No idea why.
3. Immediately rinse shampoo and apply conditioner.
4. Do any shaving
5. wash all 2001 body parts and rinse
6. rinse conditioner
7. wash face last.
10 minutes on work days, 15-20 on weekends.
I don't put any makeup on during the week. Only if I am going out somewhere.

Aislinn Sirk said...

I don't think my shower routine is interesting enough to post about.

I do my make-up when I get to work because the light is dreadful in at home. Also, even though my makeup takes 3 minutes, Mr Bob always seems to start pacing if I fiddle with that.

I do lip colour and gloss or chapstick and then some eyeshadow (brown) and mascara.

If I'm feeling really wild I have some tinted moisturiser.

mtw said...

Jen, I was going to post a very similar topic on my blog. You beat me to it! The shower takes forever to heat up since we live upstairs, so I do that and then pee or select my clothes for the day.

1. Get in, rinse hair.
2. Use bar soap to wash underarms, arms, neck, chest, nether regions, legs, and back in that area.
3. Make sure nether regions are REALLY clean. :-)
4. Shampoo hair: Lather. Rinse. I do not repeat, as that's a shampoo company scam to get you to use twice as much.
5. Rinse all over several times to be certain all soap traces are gone. We have soft water, so it always feels like there's still soap on you.
6. Shave - yes, I shave my face in the shower.

Drying routine: It's always the same.

1. Start with face, hair, and neck.
2. Then, work from bottom up.
3. Legs (except feet)
4. Nether region.
5. Back.
6. Chest.
7. Arms.
8. Face and neck again.
9. Dry the feet right before I get out.

arkie said...

After I finally make into the bathroom (after hitting the snooze bar once or twice, and then sitting up in the bed for another 10 minutes), I have to pee first. Then I reach over and turn on the water to let it get warm. Push the toggle button thingy to make the water come out through the shower head. Then I step in, and pull the shower curtain closed. I wet my hair first (I have to have my back to the shower head) and shampoo my hair (for some reason I have to turn around and face the shower head while shampooing), rinse and then put on conditioner which I leave on for about a minute. Then I wash my face with Dove soap, and rinse. Next (unless I'm thinking about something, then I just stand under the water for several minutes) is the body scrub/shower gel - sometimes using a pouf, sometimes a washclothe, and other times just my hands - and rinse.
If it's a shave day, I do armpits (left then right) and then legs (right then left). If I remember, I put on baby oil while I'm still wet, and then pat dry.

I don't wear makeup, but the after-shower routine is comb hair, put on deodorant, take medication, brush teeth, apply moisturizer. If I feel like, and have enough time (and it's not too warm in the bathroom), I may dry my hair.
Then go downstairs to find clothes to wear for that day (because my laundry is normally still downstairs in the laundry room). Get dressed and out the door I go.

mm said...

We have a shower stall, no tub in the master bath. Glass doors. PITA to clean.

I usually turn the shower on and the bathroom heater and let them sit for a moment before I go back in.

When I get in, I face the water first, and then turn to get my hair wet.
I always shampoo first, quickly, so I can get the conditioner on my hair.
Then I wash and shave everything that needs washing and shaving.
I then wash my face.
After that, I slowly start nudging the water nozzle in 'cold' direction, and get it as cold as I can stand it.
That part sucks.
Then I rinse the condtioner out.

Drying goes as quickly as I can stand it, and then my hair goes into the towel.

Glowie said...

We have a shower stall with a glass door. I'm in there for a really long time (between 25 and 40 minutes).
1. turn on water to the hottest it will go
2. brush hair while shower is filling with steam
3. turn water to a less hot temp
4. wet hair
5. shampoo hair
6. wash face and neck
7. rinse shampoo
8. shave armpits
9. apply conditioner
10. shave legs
11. wash rest of body
12. rinse hair and body

Sometimes I wash my hair twice. When I do, it is after #7.

I don't wear makeup unless I'm going somewhere that I feel requires me to wear makeup. Usually that's only on Thursdays. It takes me about 5 minutes to put makeup on.

Glowie said...

oh. If the water isn't already cold (because I've used all the hot water), I turn it to a pretty cool temp to rinse off.

HistoryDetective said...

Ummm, it might be easier to just show you my shower routine than to try to type it all out...

Seana said...

I take my shower at night because for years I had really long hair and it's a total PITA to dry in the morning. Now it's just habit.

Anyway, shower:

1. apply foaming face wash, rinse
2. shampoo
3. take way too long rinsing
4. sing
5. conditioner
6. body wash
7. shave - I shave every day. I just hate the feel of stubble under the sheets

3 and 4 make my showers too long. I console myself that we have a water-saving showerhead.

Seana said...

Makeup:

1. apply liquid eyeliner
2. apply lipstick

It used to be a lot more involved, but who's going to see me? A bunch of kids. They don't care, I assure you.

mm said...

*waits for HD to demonstrate*

Schnookie said...

Wow Glowie, 25-40 minute showers? Me thinks Shawn must be joining you in the showers *giggle*

We have a separate shower stall and a separate bathtub in our master bath.

My Shower Routine:

1. Open door to bathroom and give it a quick once over to make sure there are no spiders or lizards.
2. Turn on heat lamp, open shower door and turn on water to the hottest temp.
3. Get undressed in walk-in closet (which is in the bathroom).
4. Get in shower, turn water to warm.
5. Face shower, wash face then rinse.
6. Turn around, wet hair, turn back around to get shampoo in hands, turn back around and shampoo hair then rinse.
7. Put small amount of conditioner in hair and rinse out immediately.
8. Smother pouf with shower gel.
9. If shaving, shave left pit first then right. Contort body to shave right leg first, then left leg.
10. Smother pouf with more shower gel and wash body (start at neck and end at feet.
11. Rinse body, then rise out pouf, then turn water off.
12. Open door, reach for towel and wrap hair. Reach for other towel and dry off (start at face and end at feet).
13. Move over to my sink and put body lotion on. Get bathrobe on cause I'm getting cold, then put lotion on my face.

The only time I will face the shower spray is to get any shower items I need. Then I immediately turn away from the shower. Sometimes, if I'm depressed, I'll face the shower spray and just let the water cascade down my face.

Schnookie said...

Oh yeah, my shower usually takes 10 minutes. 15 if I'm shaving.

Jen, I'm envious of you having a vanity table. I used to have one when I lived in my apartment and I loved it.

Strangely enough, in my last house, even though we had double sinks in the bathroom with a space in between for a chair, the only time I sat there was to pluck my eyebrows. I guess I didn't use it to put make-up on because I didn't want to be in there while DH was showering.

Now, I put on my make-up in the bedroom.

Make-Up Routine:

1. Put on BM foundation.
2. Take off towel as it's very heavy and pulling my head backwards.
3. Comb out hair and put mousse in.
4. Put eyeliner on then eyeshadow.
5. Brush brows then put a little coloring into them.
6. Put a little blush on.
7. Put on mascara.
8. Get dressed.
9. Blow dry hair.
10. Brush teeth.
11. Put on lip gloss.

Am I the only one that puts on eyeliner before the eyeshadow? Am I doing it wrong?

Puffy said...

Woke up, got out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat...

gothmog said...

Ok, this post and these comments are pretty effin hot.

How YOU doin?

Jen said...

G! *smooch*

*lathers G with soap*

Swami said...

1. Turn the shower on hot while I pee.
2. Turn off water, get in shower stall and flip the little toggle that directs the shower spray into the hand-held shower head. I never use the one on the wall.
3. Wet down body. First my crotch then the rest.
4. Wet down hair.
Turn water off and shampoo hair. Lately I have been using a T-Gel shampoo with conditioner, so I leav this on while I soap my body.
5. First I wash my neck, armpits and breasts, then my arms, then legs & back, then my crotch & ass. I use both Aveeno body wash gel and Dove bar soap.
6. I scrub like crazy using both a poof and my lathered hands.
7. I turn the water back on and rinse with the handset. Top to bottom. Then I come back and rinse my crotch like crazy because you can never be too clean. *waves to MTW* *drops handheld and sprays bathroom ceiling* With a handheld you can direct the water up which I find very useful in crotch cleansing.
8. I turn the shower head control from 'hard pulse' (which I have used so far) to 'gentle spray' and rinse my face thoroughly. (I never put soap on my face.)
9. I have a complicated ritual of quarter turns that I do but it would take too much space to explain. I do a lot of quarter turns because that's the way I do it.
10. I step out of the shower and drip on the mat in front of the toilet while I towel off. This drives Tom crazy because he thinks people whould dry off in the shower.
11. I have a HUGE towel so I use only one towel. First I towel dry my hair and face, then I bring the towel over my back and do that cha-cha-cha rubdown from my neck to my ankles. Then I dry my front and the front of my legs. I put the towel between my legs and cha-cha again. I dry my feet last while sitting on the toilet.
12. I leave the towel over my shoulders, spray a finsher on my wet hair and brush it into shape. I air dry my hair - no blowdry for me.
12 & 1/2. I spritz a leave-in conditioner onto my hair and brush it again.
13. I have a shower curtain. I hate glass doors.
14. I rarely shave my legs and never in the shower.
15. I shave my armpits about twice a week, standing in front of the bathroom sink & looking in the mirror. I have never shaved them in the shower because I have to look in the mirror while I shave.
16. It takes me about 12 minutes.
17. I may or may not put on some eye-make-up after I shower, but usualy I get partially dressed first.

Swami said...

PSA:

Did you know that when you put some eggs on to boil before you go blog rolling and then forget about them until the water boils dry, that the eggs will actually explode?

This is a true fact.

Puffy said...

That's what kitchen timers are for.
P.S. I've done the same thing.

Seana said...

Swami! I once blogged about leaving the eggs on to boil for 2 hours.