Monday, October 09, 2006

Fuck. Ow.

For the past few months I have had pretty much constant back pain, up between my shoulder blades. Last month, I woke up and the right side of my neck had spasmed and I couldn't move it at all. That got better after a few days, I can move it now, but it still hurts. Just now, I turned my head quickly and the left side of my neck spasmed. Shit! So now I have pain on both sides of my neck and most of my upper back. I don't know if I can take this much more. The main problem is probably one of two things:
1. My mattress sucks. I really need a new one, but I don't have the money for one. And I can't find a good pillow anywhere. I have bought so many pillows over the past year, and none of them are comfortable for me.
2. My big boobs are finally catching up with me. I have been lucky that I never had neck or shoulder problems considering the size of my chest, but maybe this is what is causing my pain now.

Oh, and I have shitty posture, too. It's probably the mattress. I guess I will have to buy one and use my credit card, because this pain is ridiculous. If I get the mattress and that doesn't solve the problem, looks like I might have to go to a chiropractor or something. :(

8 comments:

Glowie said...

My new mattress didn't really help me, to be honest, and it was quite expensive. I've heard it's supposed to though. *shrug* I do love my pillow though.

Glowie said...

feel better! *smooch*

Bravie said...

Ack, back pain sucks big time. You might want to go ahead and make an appointment with a doctor and see what they suggest.
*gentle hugs*

kim (weltek) said...

I agree, go to the doc. I don't think a new mattress will solve the problem. Matresses can help with comfort, but rarely solve serious pain. Sounds like the offending boobs may be the problem.

*massages neck*

A combo of massage therapy and a chiropractor helped my issues when I was lugging around a too heavy backpack. I also can say that exercising more has really helped my back become stronger.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm sorry! That sucks. My mattress needs to be replaced really badly too, but other than morning stiffness, it isn't causing too much back pain.

So far I've been lucky that my boobs haven't caused a problem for me.*knock on wood*

*smooch*

Anonymous said...

*rubs Jen's neck*

It could also be from holding your neck in a funny position when you are talking on the phone or if you happen to look down a lot - like reading, etc.

Go to the doctor first.

lights said...

*rubs Jen's neck and shoulders*

I've had really good results with accupuncture. The chiro didn't do much for me.

Feel better sweetie!

*hugs*

Aislinn Sirk said...

My back hurts when I don't go to the gym.

Other parts of me hurt when I do go to the gym.