Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Note to self: Buy Mace

STRONGSVILLE -- Police continue looking for the suspect who assaulted a female Friday morning in the parking lot of the [name deleted] Apartments.
At 1 a.m. Friday morning, Strongsville Police responded to a female assaulted.

The victim reported she was walking to her apartment from her car when she was grabbed by an unknown male who wrapped one arm around her neck and placed his other hand over her mouth.

The victim reported that the assailant threw her to the ground and began choking her.

A male walking by heard the woman screaming and chased off the suspect.

The suspect is described as either a Hispanic male, a light-skinned black male, or a tanned white male. He is 6 feet tall, with a medium muscular build, brown hair and large eyebrows. The suspect was wearing a cream or gray colored shirt, a blue baseball cap, and light colored shoes.

Anyone who saw anything or who knows anything should contact the Strongsville Police Department.


Um. Yeah. Not feeling so safe anymore. I know it could happen anywhere, but I don't like that it actually happened in my freaking parking lot. *sigh* And gee, what a great description. I'm sure I'll be able to spot him. Beware of people with large eyebrows. *rolls eyes*

19 comments:

Schnookie said...

Sorry, but I do have to giggle at the "large eyebrow" description.

You be safe Jen.

mm said...

Oh no! I don't like this at all. Please, please be careful! Get the mace!

Glowie said...

That (lack of) description is fucked up. Fucking fuckers. Come stay with me, please.

~Nutz said...

Oh no! If you see him, kick his ass!

{{{hugs}}}

kim (weltek) said...

AAAck! Be careful! Mabye if you carry a can of shaving cream & a razor, he'll be afraid of you attacking his eyebrows & leave you alone.

Bravie said...

Yikes. You better be careful. And learn to scream very very loud. *hugs*

Bravie said...

Did you buy your pepper spray yet?
In California, you ahve to ahve a license to carry mace but not one for pepper spray.

Swami said...

Wow! Right in your own parking lot. That would freak me out too! Get pepper spray. Get a screamer thing for your keychain.

I hate the way random predatory idiots can make a woman feel fearful in her own backyard, but that's the way of the world I guess.

Breezy said...

The world can be a scary place. Always carry your keys in your hand with the biggest key gripped in your hand to use as a weapon.
Then the description can read "big eyebrows and one eye missing".

kim (weltek) said...

A recent downtown Madison story, since we are on the subject:

On Labor Day, at 3 am-ish, a girl was in an alley near her apartment (presumably returning from being out). Two men approached her & raped her. Two other men passing by...stopped it?...nope. They joined in.

Madison used to be such a safe place, especially downtown. It's turned really ugly in the last year.

Schnookie said...

Any word on the guy yet?

Puffy said...

Poke him in the eyes and in the throat and carry your keys between your fingers so they point out.

Bravie said...

LOL@ Breezy.

Glowie said...

Jen! Any word?

mm said...

You know, you can't come in here and tell us there is a freaky eyebrow guy running around the apartment parking lot, and then disappear!

Where are you? Be safe!

Jen said...

I'm here! I'm safe. Sorry if I worried anyone. *smooches*

No word on whether the guy was caught or not. I did a search on my local news website and the only story that came up was the one I posted here. I doubt we'll hear anything more.

Thanks for all your concern and advice. *hugs*

Surveysez said...

You know, a unibrow is a sign of a werewolf. Really.

Glowie said...

werewolves are hot.

Jen! Come over.

Seana said...

Yikes! Glad you're still safe. Those Fox40 things make a hell of a noise. I had one, once, but I don't know what happened to it.