Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Update: Week One

Eh. Today was weigh-in day. I lost 3 pounds. I'm not too thrilled with that, because I know that typically the first week of a diet I put up big numbers. Even if it is all water weight, it's nice to be able to say "I lost 9 pounds!" and it gets you pumped, and hopeful that you will be able to do it. But I'm trying to remember what Monsty said. "Celebrate progress, not perfection." And yes, I do have that phrase hanging on my fridge now.

However, I do think I know why I didn't lose as much weight as I normally do. I wasn't following the diet properly, like I did before. I haven't been eating breakfast. I hate eating first thing in the morning. Not only am I never hungry, but it also means waking up 20 minutes earlier. I cherish my sleep, I don't wanna get up earlier!! [/whine] Plus, I didn't have any breakfast foods in my house that were quick and easy to grab. I have to go to the grocery tonight or tomorrow, and we'll see if adding breakfast makes any difference.

Now, for the things I did good this week:
No fast food. Yay! Though I'm craving it something fierce.
No cigarettes. Yay! I crave them occasionally, but haven't even considered buying a pack.
On WW, you get 35 "extra" points per week to use as you wish. I had 16 left over. I thought that was pretty good.

Umm, that's pretty much it. I still drank way too much (though I did keep it within the limits of my diet).

On with Week Two...

7 comments:

Bravie said...

Good job, sweetie. Keep up the good work and the good attitude.
*smooch*
I'm proud of you.

Immunegirl said...

Yay! Congrats!! I'm very proud. And jellus.

Glowie said...

Keep it up, sweets. Yay for you! *smooch*

Jen said...

*head tilt* Why are you jellus, Ig?

*smooches to you all*

Monstah said...

Woot! Keep it up!

Immunegirl said...

I am jellus because you are doing such a great job doing good things this week, while I will be lucky to make it through the week while not becoming radioactive.

Jen said...

LOL. Just think, if you become radioactive, people will always be telling you that you have a certain "glow" about you. *snort*

*smooch*