Friday, November 30, 2007

Hi. *waves*

It's been a crazy few weeks for me, hence why I haven't been around. I feel so out of the loop. I haven't checked blogs in weeks and I've only popped onto RTVW for a few minutes here and there. I have some major catching up to do!

Anyway, last week and this week was dedicated to moving our office. What a PITA. I think I blogged about this awhile ago, but for a refresher, we've moved out to the country into a tiny old house on like 7 acres of land. My boss is planning on building a new office on the land next year, so for now we've moved into this house that was already here. He did a lot of renovation to it to make it nicer. I hear it was pretty gross before. It will take some getting used to, for sure, but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. One of my main gripes about moving out here was the extra time it was going to take me to drive, but it's really only 5-10 minutes longer, so that is good. I was also worried about there not being any stores or restaurants around, but those are only about 5 minutes away, too. There are even a few things I like better about this place. We did some work to my desk/cubicle and made a larger work area for me and we took down most of the walls so that I wouldn't feel so closed in. And I have a window! Also, since this was a house, we have an actual kitchen. It doesn't have a stove or refrigerator (we have a mini-fridge) but it's nice to have an actual space to prepare lunches and a sink to wash dishes in and stuff. My boss bought us a small table to put in there so that we don't always have to eat at our desks.
So, yeah. It will take some time to get settled in and get everything unpacked and looking normal. There are still a bunch of boxes sitting around and who knows what is in them because my boss didn't label properly when he packed them up. *rolls eyes*

Oh, and the bestest part of this move? was of course the fact that I had thrown out my back right when we needed to start packing things! Yeeehaw! OMG, I was in such pain for like 2 weeks. It started out as just a mild annoying pain and then it got bad, fast. I missed a lot of work, but when I was here, I was packing even though I could barely move. I'm doing better now. I went to the doc and got a bunch o' pills. Anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers and some Vicodin. It still hurts a little, but not so much that I can't function.

Anyway, that's about all that has been going on with me. I'm off to catch up with you guys now! It might take me a few days, but I will be visiting your blogs. *smooches*

7 comments:

Glowie said...

I haven't heard much about the semi-cute guy that worked in the building so I guess it's good you're not still semi-crushing on him.
Will you have the same FedEx guy though?
I want a window and an office on 7 acres.

hooray for pills! I love pills.

Jen said...

Yeah, it was never a full crush, just sort of a 'nice to have someone sort of the same age around' kind of thing. I was a little bummed about leaving him, especially since he had just gotten a much better hair cut. *grin*
Cute FedEx guy hasn't been around in a long time. I haven't seen our new guy yet. Our new UPS guy is an old man with questionable dental hygiene. Heh.

MM said...

Yay! I was coming here to ask you to update, lol! I've missed you!!!

I am so glad the move is over and now you can focus on settling in. Sounds kinda cool, being in a house now.

As for the cute guys...hmm. Maybe one of the restaurants will have a new guy to crush on? You never know. :)


*besa*

You made me smile with this update. Except the back problem part. :( Sorry about that.

Jen said...

MM! I've missed you, too! *besa*
Our old office was actually a house, too. It was from the 1900's and had been renovated into office space. So, being in this house still feels a little like the old place. I miss it though. I heard that the guy who bought it had already torn up all the carpets and stuff and it made me sad. I know he has plans to totally change things around. :(

Bravie said...

Yay!!!! You updated. Glad you are back and sorry that it has been so crazy for you lately. *smooch*
I missed you.

Puffy said...

I feel the same way about catching up on OT and the blogs. I hope your back is OK now. *smooch*

Swami said...

I hope your back is all better by today. Five or 10 minutes more commute isn't too bad.

My super good-looking 6'2" FedEx guy got replaced by a short, pasty-faced guy. I don't get it. Does FedEx not know why we use their service!?!

It's good to see you around again.