Generally, I don't have a whole lot to do at work. I'm free to read blogs and message boards and live feed updates for Big Brother (I almost bought the live feeds last night. They have a special deal-- only $8 for the rest of the season! But I was able to restrain myself.)
Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, work. So, I'm kind of used to having nothing to do. And then... it all comes and piles on me at once. Currently I have to put together 14 binders. *sigh* That entails ordering more literature, printing out price sheets and other crap, ordering more generic binders, more custom index tabs, more custom binders, making up covers and spines for them, etc. And then I have to assemble them all. Did I mention this is the part of my job I hate the most? I usually put it off as long as possible, but these are for a new employee so I guess I'd better get them done soon. I don't really know why I hate doing the binders so much. Every time I put some together, I think "Oh, that wasn't so bad." but then sure enough, when the time comes to do more I always dread them.
I also have to order some supplies for the office, and none of them are fun. *pout*
And, to add on to my work whine; we are probably going to be moving. My boss has put the building up for sale and he has put in a bid on some property out in the bumfuck country (*shudder*) where he plans on building new offices. I am NOT a country girl. I need stuff. Stores and restaurants and just STUFF. Not to mention that this new location will pretty much DOUBLE my drive time.
*sigh* I hate my work right now.
Tune in to Oh.My.Blog next week, when I will be whining about my birthday. Hmm. Maybe I should rename it Oh.My.Whine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Aww, I'm sorry. I am hired sometimes to help my dad put files together and it is the most tedious, boring job ever. Not hard, just insanely boring. The move would bum me out too.
But hey! A birthday is good, no? Make some cupcakes or something! *yum*
Oh hon, it'll be ok. Pretty soon you'll be un-busy and can play with us again!
Birthdays rock, usually. I've had a bad one...or two, but it usually means cupcakes, a cake, ice cream, presents, and maybe even spankings! *smooooch*
Sounds like someone needs their box tingled.
Leave that to me.
The official box tingler.
It would be cool if you had sirens go off everytime someone posted here.
Maybe the new building will have a nice coffee shop in it? Or a good food place?
Trying to be optimistic.
Do you ever pinch your fingers in the binders? I would probably end up doing that all the time.
*smooch*
Your birthday is soon? If I lived near you we would go to McDonald's for some Happy Meals then to Rita's for some good stuff.
I hate it when work makes us work. Especially on stuff that we don't like doing. Hrmph.
I have to put together binders at work sometimes and I hate doing it. However, I love how the binders look when they're all finished.
My office will probably be moving in the next year, too. I'm a little afraid of where they'll go. In the past I'd have had some input into a location selection but I don't think they're going to want my opinion anymore since I'm working from home. (I know, why should I care if I work from home? Well. I won't be working from home forever. I don't think.)
"we sell licorice and..." dammit. What was that second thing? That was going to be a really funny comment.
I'd rather be busy at work then slow, I hate being slow with nothing to do at work. The day draaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggsssssssssss by then.
Daniele, is that you?
The workiness of work is so over-rated, isn't it? I actually never minded the job where I had to make binders sometimes because I could stre-e-e-e-e-tch a couple of binders into a whole day's work! And I secretly like lining things up anyway.
I also like living in bumfuck. When I need STUFF it is always right where I left it, a 15 to 30 minute drive away, and in the meantime the STUFF isn't in my face annoying me with its stuffitude. I think this is one of those glass half empty/glass half full things.
Good move passing up BB. I hate the death throes of BB's last week when pretty much everyone I like is gone. And yet I still watch.
I hear ya. Although if I did all the little things when I was supposed to, I might not be so overwhelmed when a few projects pile up. I? Am a procrastinator.
Oh My Cod!!!
Do you know that I LOVE putting binders together. I LOVE it. And it's one of the things I've had to hand off to my admin gal. And personally, I don't think she likes it.
One of the things I changed when I started working here was the binders. We used to give out a very dull, boring plain binder with one of our classes. And I jazzed it up with nice covers, tabs, etc.
And to me, all supplies are exciting. That is another job I've had to pass off. The last time, she ordered the wrong file folders - quarter cut as opposed to third cut. *sighs* So now I've just designated those for something else.
Colored folders, post-its and highlighters. How is that not exciting?
*gigglesmooch*
I really am serious about the above post. The gigglesmooch was just my playful way of giving you love.
Post a Comment