Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Birthday weekend

First of all, thank you all for the birthday wishes. Love you guys. *smooches*

My birthday weekend was very good. I got all my freaking out of my system in the weeks beforehand, so I was able to enjoy myself. Plus, I had a lot going on, so that helped keep my mind off things.

Friday night I went to the Indians game with my mom, BIL (his birthday was the day before mine) and Tate. I had several beers and was feeling no pain. :) They had fireworks after the game which always makes me happy. Love the fireworks. And we won, so yay for that.

Saturday I was supposed to run some errands, but I was not feeling so hot (see comment about beers) so I just hung out at home for a little while, before getting ready to go to dinner with the family. We went to the Olive Garden and had a nice meal. I filled up on salad and breadsticks (with alfredo dipping sauce *waves to Boo*) so I didn't eat much of my actual dinner (five cheese ziti). Afterwards, everyone came back to my house and we had some birthday cake. Then everyone else left to go to another Indians game, while I prepared to pack for my trip the next day and called it an early night because...

Sunday morning, bright and early at 6:30am, I awoke. Ugh. I don't even get up that early to go to work. I had to be at Tracy's house at 8 to pick her up for our journey to X-Fest in Dayton. We arrived at the concert a little before noon and we did some pre-concert tailgating. Tracy had made jello shots and I had brought some beer. I was cracking up laughing because the shots were so big that we were eating them with a spoon and to anyone walking by, it would've looked like we were just hanging out in the parking lot, eating jello. *snort* By the time we finished up and walked to the venue, we had missed the first band, but that was ok. The rest of the concert was good, but it went way too quickly. They had 2 stages and had it planned out so that when one band finished, another band was just starting up on the second stage. There was no time in between to just hang around and wait, which was nice, but it also made time just fly by. Before I knew it, 7 hours had passed and it was time to take my sunburn and leave. My mom had paid for a hotel room for us so we wouldn't have to drive back that night. We checked in there, went potty (damn porta potties at the concert. I held it as long as I could, but ended up having to go once. Ick.) and then we headed back out to grab some dinner. We were both starving since we hadn't eaten anything at the concert. Well, Tracy gorged herself on Starburst and Tootsie Pops, but that doesn't really count. :) We went to TGI Fridays and stuffed ourselves full of appetizers, and once again, I barely had any room for my entree. Heh. We got dessert to go and headed back to the hotel room to take showers, watch HGTV and chill out.

Monday morning, we drove back home.
The End. :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can root for the Indians. A good friend of ours is an Indians fan. We took him to a Nats/Indians game earlier in the year.

Yay for breadsticks with alfredo. And yay for my shoutout.

We used to go to Friday's for Happy Hour every Friday. I miss those days.

I'm glad you had a good weekend.

MM said...

What appetizers did you get? I love their potato skinny dippers and the fried green beans. YUM!

I'm glad you had a great weekend. You deserved it!

*besa*
*love*

Glowie said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend.

LMAO at the hanging out in the parking lot eating jello. Seriously one of the funniest things I've read because I can totally picture it and what I would think if I saw people doing that.

I love you.
and
Tell Tracy I love her. Thank you.

Jen said...

Booboo- I used to be a huge Indians fan, but I'm just not into sports anymore at all. I'm glad we won though, and are having a great season.

MM- Green beans make me gag. We got fried mac 'n cheese and fried mozarella. Then Tracy got fried shrimp for her entree and said that she was going to ask for her dessert to be fried, too. Cracked me up. *snort*

Glow- It was hilarious. I'm trying to eat my jello shot with a spoon and cracking up laughing the whole time, and the jello is jiggling around and making me laugh even harder. And Tracy's all "Don't mind us, we're just eating jello."
Wish you could've been there. *smooch*

MM said...

Man, those fried green beans are heavenly! Too bad you don't like green beans. They are one of the few green veggies I like. Just that and broccoli. Why does it look like I didn't spell that right?

Bravie said...

Wow, you had a busy weekend indeed. What a great way to spend your birthday. *smooch*

mtw said...

Hey, the whole thing made me smile - except for the part about the cheese ziti, which looked like "cheese zits" when I read it. *gross*

Glad you had a fun weekend. :)

Puffy said...

Jen, I can't believe that we were watching the same fireworks! I saw a little bit of them from the hotel room, just a few blocks from Jacobs Field.

That was a wild sports weekend; local baseball and football teams were both in town.

I wish I knew that there was an Olive Garden in town.

Its sounds like you had a great birthday weekend!

Schnookie said...

So glad you had a lot of things going on for your birthday weekend.

LOL at the jello. I suppose the bigger the jello shots the better.

kim (weltek) said...

Tracy and Breezy could be BFFs...them and their jello shots.

I'm so glad you had a fun weekend! I love having appetizers for dinner. Lately I've been ordering dinner from the appetizer menu at a lot of restaurants. An app & soup makes me very happy.

Breezy said...

I can not root for the Indians. Damn Indians!

I like ordering apps for dinner too. Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend!

~Nutz said...

Sounds like a fun birfday! Sending late-but-happy wishes!

Anonymous said...

What the heck are fried green beans?

Glowie said...

I have no idea what they are but I really want some now.

Anonymous said...

I have something to tell you, and I'm sending you a PM.

Swami said...

A very belated Happy Birthday wish, Jen. It sounds like you had a great time!

I love greenbeans but I have never seen them offered as a fried appetizer at TGIFriday around here.

My dad used to be a huge Cleveland Browns fan.