My sister is having some troubles with her pregnancy (again) and has just been ordered to be on bed rest for the remainder of the time, about 3 months. This is going to be tough on everyone. When she was on bed rest with her first pregnancy it wasn't such a big deal, but now that she has Tate, it is going to be rough. We're all going to have to pitch in, take time off work (which I really can't afford to do) or use vacation days (which I really don't want to do because I have so few.) Add that to my problems that I've been having, and I just feel overwhelmed. More overwhelmed than I did already. And then I feel like a selfish, horrible person for having these thoughts about dreading helping out and not wanting to give up my time. Bah. Whatever. I'll do what I can, and that's all I can do.
On a more positive note, I'm going to meet Boo next week! *big grin* She has a 3 hour layover in Cleveland for her trip, so I'm going to pick her up at the airport and we're going to go to Olive Garden for dinner. Mmmmm, breadsticks.
This peep meet will be a bit of a new experience for me because almost all of my other meets have involved a group of people. Asrai is the only person that I've ever met one-on-one. Hopefully Boo is chatty like Asrai. I'm usually more of a listener than I am a talker. Unless I'm drunk. *makes note to drink at work before I leave for the airport* *grin*
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
*snort* I think you'll do just fine with Boo. And if she doesn't talk a lot, then at least you'll have a nice dinner at the Olive Garden, staring at each other. *grin*
As for your sister...Your health is just as important as hers is. So if it is overwhelming for you to help out, then you just do what you can. Maybe help out in other ways that won't be as overwhelming. Maybe once a week, cook yourself a nice dinner. And when doing so, make some extra to bring to their house. Or when you go grocery shopping for yourself, ask them for a little extra money and tell them that you can pick up some needed things for them while you are at the store. *hugs* Just don't allow yourself to become unhealthy by stressing over helping them. And if all else fails, come out here to SF and we can go to the Olive Garden and stare at each other. :P
I'll do what I can, and that's all I can do.
And that's all anyone should expect you to do.
So, do the two of you plan on blowing Sanjana up, and having the banana sit at the table with you? Because I really think you should.
Lucky Boo and Jen! I went to Olive Garden last Saturday night. I had 6 little medallion beef filets with gorgonzola cheese on them, all on a cheese and spinach fettucini. Don't forget your camera!
*hugs* for you & your sister.
Lucky you and Boo! Make sure you get her back to the airport in time to get through security.
I so want to meet Boo. I think you'll have a great time.
Sorry to hear about your sister. We went thru something similar with my ex-sil when she was pregnant with the twins. It's not easy, that's for sure. Maybe helping care for her and Tate will actually help you? I dunno. Just a thought that rolled thru my brain. Is there a Mothers Day Out program or a preschool they could put Tate in a few times a week to help, too?
*smooooooooooooch*
Dang that Momma is smart. I'm going to just ditto what she said.
*smooch*
It is always good to help your family, but sometimes family can expect too much from one person. Your sister's needs at this time don't completely trump your needs.
And I agree with Momma that sister should be looking to put Tate into a pre-school - even if it is a financial hardship for her to do so. Sometimes your kids break the bank, that's part of parenthood too.
*snort*, too at the thought of Boo not being talkative. :-)
I agree that family needs can be overwhelming and I know I feel a little resentment when I have to rearrange my life to pitch in. I echo everything that bravie said about the situation.
I'll ditto Care. All except for the SF thing. *glares at Carey*
I love you and I am here for you always.
Boo who?
But it's summer. Do they have pre-school in summer? *clueless*
I should also say that most of my sister's friends from church and whatnot are also stay at home mom's, so they will be providing some help, too.
Arkie- I do believe that Boo said she would be bringing Sanjana. :)
Thanks everyone for your comments re: my sister. *smooches*
daycare
very cool that your sister has friends who are willing to help! That's a huge load, shithead. *smooch*
Many daycare centers (at least, the good ones) have a class-type program in the AM and more fun activities in the afternoon. Even in the summer.
*smooch*
You're a good sister and aunt.
Boo is a peep meet ho.
Boo will probably get a PTD (Peepmeet Transmited Disease) from all this whoring around.
If you sell the kid on ebay, that could free up a lot of time!
You got all the good advice you needed here, so I'll offer the hugs.
{{hugs}}
Oh! And I've met you already, and I get to meet Boo too! Too bad we didn't have a threesome.
I don't think you should feel horrible. And I agree with Momma about the effect it will have on you. Living through a child's eyes and thoughts and love can be very magical. And while I'm sure your family knows how much you love your sister and Tate, I also think they will understand. *hugs* I wish your sister good thoughts through the next few months.
I am so excited about Tuesday. I do have Sanjana, and I was just sitting here imagining a conversation between the two of us in regard to whether we would take him with us to the Olive Garden. I have been so psyched about The Olive Garden since we talked about that. I made Michael and Conner go a few weeks ago and suffer through the horrible service that our particular location has. I love, love, love me some Olive Garden.
Boo who? *glares at Glow*
Okay, as for your worry about me not being chatty enough, please go back and re-read my response. Are you still worried? I'm a little afraid you may take me back to the airport early.
Ha-I totally had this picture of Jen picking up Boo, silently listening to her ramble, and circling back around the airport to the passenger drop off area. *snort*
*wonders what Weltek and Bravie will be saying about me on Saturday*
LOL at Bob and Kim!
*imagines a threesome with MM and Boo* :D
Sorry, Boo. Did you say something?
*grin*
I'm sorry to hear about your sister's pregnancy troubles, hon. Be there for her all you can, but don't forget your own needs.
Woohoo on meeting Boo. I'm sure she'll be just as chatty as me! You made me feel so at ease around you, like we'd known each other all our lives...Boo will not disappoint you!
Steph!!!! Hi! *smoooooch*
I just picked up your email a few minutes ago. I will write back tonight. Good to see you around!
Post a Comment