Friday, January 13, 2006

I *heart* unexpected gifts

While I do still think my boss can be a real douche sometimes, he can also be very generous. We were talking about my Sirius radio this morning (that he gave me for Christmas) and I was telling him how much I loved it and mentioned that I still had to get the home kit for it because Radio Shack had been sold out. He said he had to go by there to look at something for his phone, so I asked him if he would take a look and see if they had any in stock yet so that I could go pick it up after work. A little later in the afternoon, he comes waltzing in with a bag, plops in on my desk and says "Who says Santa doesn't come twice a year?" Yup, he bought it for me. I told him that wasn't necessary and offered to write him a check, but he said no. So.nice.

I think my mom was a little pissed off. She's worked for him for like 15 years and I guess he's never gone out of his way to do stuff for her. I don't know. Maybe I was imagining it.

But yay! Now I'm all set to be hooked up and I don't have to keep toting all these wires back and forth. Now if Howard would just get his show put on the internet, I will be a happy girl. Well, happy about one aspect of my life at least. Heh.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, my sweet Glow!
I love you. Hope you have a wonderful birthday and year.

2 comments:

Bravie said...

we still haven't hooked ours up. Losers.

Very nice of your boss.

Glowie said...

wow. That was very nice of him. Very nice.

Thank you. I love you too. *smooch*