On Saturday morning I woke up early in the morning to use the bathroom, and as I was walking I got this horrible stabbing pain in my lower abdomen on the left side. It doubled me over, it hurt so bad. They would last about 5-10 seconds and then when it wasn't a stabbing pain, it was just like a general crampiness, like a period cramp. I figured that's what it was, because I'm supposed to be getting my period soon, but then I called my mom and she reminded me that I had an episode like this a couple weeks ago. I barely remembered this because the pains didn't last very long. I shrugged these new ones off at first, but the pains weren't going away like they had before. I was supposed to be going shopping with my sister and watching Tate overnight, but the pains weren't going away, so I had to cancel. The stabbing pains and cramps lasted Sunday and Monday (I had to call off work) and they seemed to be getting worse. I was scared. I didn't think this was just regular cramps anymore. I could barely move. Walking and moving made them hurt much worse. So I basically laid on my couch the whole weekend and watched Dawson's Creek on dvd (I'm in love with Pacey). I made a dr's appointment for today. That right there tells how much it hurt. Usually I would avoid the dr. at any cost.
Today the stabbing pains are gone, but I have constant cramping that hurts so bad I can hardly stand. I was crying at my desk earlier because it just doesn't stop. If I sit still for a long time, it lessens a little bit, but moving and walking is a bitch.
So, my regular doctor is on maternity leave and I had to go to a substitute. She was nice though. Maybe nicer than my regular doctor. She poked around on my stomach and took a urine sample and found nothing wrong. She said it could be my kidneys or my bowels or my ovaries (my mom and I are thinking that I've probably got ovarian cysts. I've had trouble with that before, when I was younger) but she wanted to send me for a CAT scan. So, over to the hospital we went (my mom came with me) and got all checked in. The lab technician gave me this drink that I have to drink over an hour's time period. She said we didn't have to stay there while I drank it, so we came back to the office because it wasn't good for us both to be gone so long. The hospital is only like 5 minutes from here. So, that's where this saga ends for now. I'm drinking this yucky drink (at first it tasted like icky lemonade, but the more I drink the nastier it is) and we'll go back to the hospital for the CAT scan in about 20 minutes.
I really hope I don't have to have surgery. I have had a lot of surgeries in the past, and they just bring back so many bad memories. I can't walk into a hospital without getting nauseous.
I'll update later if we get any answers. *sigh*
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh no, Sweetie. I'm sorry. I'll be sending you good thoughts.
*smoooooooooch*
Ack!!! hopefully it's just kidney stones or something you can pass. Let us know. *smooches*
So????
I'm starting to panic.
I got your mom's email. *smooch* I am hoping she emails me back with a number so I can call you. Get better, sweetie. I'm thinking about you. Love you.
WTF?
*sigh*
Post a Comment