Isn't it amazing how sometimes you can hear a song a million times, and maybe you even sing along with it, but you never actually hear the words? Until one day when you're sitting still enough to actually listen to it, and it takes your breath away, because it echos your feelings and emotions, and your life...
Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day
Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
wake me up when september ends
like my fathers come to pass
seven years have gone so fast
wake me up when september ends
here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are
as my memory rests
but never forgets what I lost
wake me up when september ends
summer has come and passed
the innocent can never last
wake me up when september ends
ring out the bells again
like we did when spring began
wake me up when september ends
here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are
as my memory rests
but never forgets what I lost
wake me up when september ends
Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
wake me up when september ends
like my father's come to pass
twenty years have gone so fast
wake me up when september ends
wake me up when september ends
wake me up when september ends
Saturday, August 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
*smooch*
I do that often. I am more of a melody person. And then once I decide that I like a melody I start to really pay attention to what the song is saying and sometimes I'm blown away.
*smooch*
*smooch*
It's amazing how some songs seem to have been written for you. Love you tons, Jen. *hug*
I do that to. *smoooooooches*
By the way, when September ends, I will be done with the shower, and the bachelorette party and will be doing my last bridesmaidiness for a while. Great thought!!
Just wanted to pop in for a *smooch*
Post a Comment