Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I just stole

a cigarette from my mom. *sigh* I feel like such a child, sneaking cigarettes. But I really want one, and I don't want to buy a whole pack because then I will smoke them all.

I told Carey the other night that I was trying to quit smoking and she said "Why on earth would you do that?" Ha. I laughed at the time, but you know what? I had no answer. I don't know why. It's not my health, my parents smoked for years around me, I figure if I'm going to get lung cancer I'd already have it, right? (I know this is not true, but I'm just not concerned about it. It's a thing of chance. People who smoke 5 packs a day might not get it, while someone else might get it just from secondhand smoke.) It's not the money, well at least not right now. I have about a 1-2 pack a week habit. $7 a week isn't so bad. I realize that it could be a problem down the road if I start smoking more, but I'm not worried about that right now either.
I think they only reason that I feel I should stop is because I don't want my sister or mom to know that I do it. My mom knows I smoke occasionally, but my sister doesn't know at all. Should I really stop doing something just because others don't want me to? Maybe.

So, the way I see it, I have 3 options right now.
1. Put the stolen cigarette back. I don't need to smoke.
2. Smoke the stolen cigarette on my way home. One won't hurt, right?
3. Put the stolen cigarette back and buy a pack on my way home. Fuck it. If I want to smoke, then I should.

Decisions, decisions. What Would Brian Boitano Do?

9 comments:

Glowie said...

Well. I'm not Brian Boitano, but I think you should put it back. Not because other people don't want you to smoke but because you shouldn't smoke. Smoking is gross.

Jen said...

Hm. I don't like that answer. I suppose you're going to tell me that stealing is wrong too. Pfft. *wink*
Is there anyone out there who wants to go with options 2 or 3? *grin*

Bravie said...

Fuck the masses. If you want to smoke, then fucking smoke. Who cares what the docotrs or the surgeon general says. And stealing is good too. You should steal more and smoke more. *stomps foot*

Jen said...

I knew I could count on you. *grin*

Bravie said...

That's what I'm here for. To set a bad example.

Jen said...

UPDATE:

Since I got 1 vote for A and 1 vote for C, I was going to compromise and go with choice B: Just smoke the 1 stolen cigarette.
Then I saw on the way home that I needed to get gas. And the neon signs at the gas station were calling to me. *hangs head* I bought a pack. It's all Carey's fault, really. :P
At least I can retun the pilfered cigarette tomorrow and I'm not a thief anymore. *grin*

*puff puff* What's one more addiction.

Bravie said...

damnit!!!!!!!!!!!! I told you to steal the fucking cigarettes. Not buy them. I do not take responsibility for this.

Immunegirl said...

Well, if I would have seen this in time to have a vote, here's what I would have said:

#1 Brian Boitano would not smoke because then his lungs would get icky and he would have problems doing jump-y things. (I am nothing if not good at following directions.)

#2 I am not a fan of smoking, but it happens. The cigarette was already stolen, so you should have just gone ahead with it. :)

*smooooooooochs*

gothmog said...

Please. Do whatever you can to avoid cancer. It's a horrible disease. And not just for those who suffer from it.

Please.