Thursday, April 02, 2009

I got fired today. Or "let go" or "laid off" or whatever pretty name people may want to assign to it. But there is nothing pretty about this. And I can't even believe that it's really happening. This is a joke, right? April Fools, a day late?

In my head, I know that it's just another story of all the people who are being completely FUCKED by this economy... but I never thought it would happen to me.

In my heart, I don't know if I can take this. I don't know what to do and I am so scared. And hurt. And sad. And angry. And absolutely, positively terrified and depressed.


Somebody pinch me. I need to wake up from this nightmare.

14 comments:

Swami said...

Oh no, Jen!!! I hate this sucky economy!

~Nutz said...

OMG, Jen! {{{hugs}}}

arkie said...

Oh, Jen, I'm so sorry to read this. {{{hugs}}}

Glowie said...

{{{hug}}}

MM said...

{{hugs}} Please hang in there, Jen. I love you.

Puffy said...

This sucks. I'm so sorry. I hate how they don't use the word "fired" anymore. It's easier on the employer to say "laid off." Keep your chin up; keep positive. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness Jen. I'm so sorry. *hugs*

kim (weltek) said...

OMG-I'm sorry I missed this. *hugs* I hope you have taken a little time to wallow in the suckitude this is and collect your unemployment.

Breezy said...

OMG I'm so sorry. *hugs* I agree with Kim, hope you were able to wallow for awhile.

Bravie said...

Oh no!!! So sorry to hear this.

Zombs said...

Oh jen! I'm so sorry. It does suck. Wallow in it, in fact. Give yourself time to grieve then you will be prepared to get back out there.

*kicks Jen's old place of work*

MM said...

*still sending lots of love and support*

miss you!

kim (weltek) said...

Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing. I hope May brings better luck.

Seana said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear it. Have you made any progress in the job hunt?

*hugs*